I'm happy to report that Eddie is home AND...the house and I are still intact (well, mostly). It was a long 3(ish) weeks, and I'm so glad to finally have the reins back in his capable - and unswollen - hands. Nonetheless, there's always that tiny drawback...my main gripe being the sudden arrival of massive amounts of air force hooplah on my living room and bedroom floors. But alas, I will survive.
So now starts the fun stuff. We've decided to use these last 2 (ish) months to finally get some work done on the bathrooms. I'll admit it - I'm nervous. But there's no going back now...it's either fix it now, or wait until Pickle enters first grade. I'm voting NOW. So, just as soon as Eddie finishes fixing the leaking roof, the leaking garbage disposal, and whatever else might materialize and/or leak between now and next weekend, we'll get started on ripping our house apart! I'm looking forward to the mess almost as much as I'm looking forward to child birth.
As for me and Pickle, we're hanging in there. The last couple of weeks seem to have aged me...seems I can no longer move around without some amount of discomfort. I would say that I'm ready to have this baby, but I'll admit it - I'm not. I need every minute of the next 50-some days (if we're so lucky to make it to our due date) to prepare myself as well as our home! It's funny how quickly the time goes...you feel like you're ahead of the game one minute, and suddenly you've fallen way behind! So stay put, little Pickle. As much as I'm dying to see your face...we need to have a functioning washer and dryer before we bring you home :) And you know, a bathroom floor and stuff.
Here's a little game I stole off a friend's blog. I wasn't tagged, but I'm a sucker for a good time waste. Here we go!
Eight by Eight
8 things I am looking forward to:
A new bathroom and an (almost) done house (someday), holding my baby boy, painting my toenails and shaving my legs without difficulty, burning all my maternity clothes (oh ok, not really), becoming 3 instead of just 2, seeing my sister next week, going shopping at Babies R Us this weekend, seeing David Cook in Wichita :)
8 things I did yesterday:
Slept in (no work!), medicated the cat, made pancakes (yummm), spent some much needed time with Eddie, had an emotional meltdown in the baby section at Walmart, ate dinner at McAllisters, snuggled on the couch and watched a movie, attempted to catch up on laundry.
8 things I wish I could do:
Walk without hobbling, work on the garden, keep the house clean to my liking, clean and organize our basement, take a vacation just Eddie and I, hire someone to do our bathrooms, buy all new nursery furniture so that I can scrap my refinishing projects, make Eddie be pregnant for a week :)
8 shows we watch:
CSI, American Idol, House, The Bachelor, House Hunters, Ghost Hunters, The Discovery Channel, Cops.
8 Favorite books and movies:
Books: Anything John Irving, The Great Gatsby, The Notebook, Harry Potter (I'm only slightly ashamed)
Movies: Dirty Dancing, Urban Cowboy, Dogma, Bubble Boy
8 Places to travel:
Estes Park (miss it!), Lake of the Ozarks, Florida to see Eddie's family, New York to see my sister (someday), Anywhere, Anywhere, Anywhere and Anywhere :) I like a good road trip. When not pregnant of course!
8 Places I have lived:
Camdenton, MO, Manhattan, KS.
Yep...just those :)
8 People who should play along (even if you don't have a blog, just post in the comments!)
Whoever wants to!
1 comment:
I am SO glad you played along! I meant to tag you too, but ehh, pregnancy brain. I missed you last night--I was definitely the most uncomfortable woman at the shindig for whomever it is leaving for Egypt. I totally understand the intense "I am so ready to deliver this baby but I am so NOT ready for her to be here." If we keep pushing our move date back I am going to be in labor while unpacking boxes. I would say we should get together and just hang out all pregnant and such, however, I doubt we have enough time as it is! So lets hang out after the babies arrive! Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment