Monday, June 6, 2011

IHF- From a Distance

Hi, my name is Cristen and I'm a serial close-up taker. I LOVE getting in people's faces with my camera. It's somewhat a bad habit (and yet I find I tend to LOVE the results.) I'm always reminding myself to step back. Matter of fact - that was one of my photographic New Year's Resolutions this year, and while I can't say I'm really doing a stellar job of sticking to it all the time, I do find myself remembering that there is more to photography than what you can see from a foot away.

I know this photo is not a new one if you read my blog regularly, but it's a favorite....such a favorite, in fact, that it is getting printed as a fairly substantial canvas in the very near future. At the time it was taken, I was actually focusing on one of the gazillion wildflowers growing out near our home when I turned around to see my son and husband doing this...

By sheer luck it survived the distastrous fall of the external hardrive last week (safely moved to my laptop just a couple days prior to get it ready for printing), and so it is my entry in IHeartFaces' weekly challenge this week - "From a Distance"...because sometimes in life you've just got to step back and enjoy the view.

Head over to iheartfaces.com to see more entries!




(PS..I swear I haven't dropped off the face of the planet...summertime is officially here and I forget just how busy that is! I do have some posts lined up in my head though, just need the time to get them onto the blog.)

6 comments:

Shawntae said...

Great photo! Love the little hands with his fingers spread. You can tell he's having a blast!

Tamar SB said...

WOW!! Just wow! This is just beautiful!

Brianne Colling said...

Love this! Beautiful!

Michelle said...

Stunning! So glad you're having this put on canvas!

Lauren said...

Awesome!!

Sara McCarty said...

Gorgeous!!