I can't honestly say that I have the brain cells present to give this post the attention it really needs, but I will say briefly that motherhood is everything and nothing I imagined all rolled into one. It's funny how we think we know what kind of parent we'll be well before children come into our lives. I remember Eddie and I having MANY conversations on the subject - one especially that sticks out to me being about grocery shopping. We absolutely refused to have 'that' child at the grocery store. It's very simple, we thought...one of us will stay home with our child(ren) and the other will go grocery shopping. No crazy tantrum throwing in the middle of the store..no "Mommy....MOM-MEEE"....no rushing to get things done. It was all going to be so simple. Hilarious now, to think back on the things we said and thought (and by the way, we very much have 'that' tantrum-throwing toddler that makes every childless person double up on the contraceptives out of sheer fear.) I can say with all honesty, that 80% of things I was certain I would be, I am not. Parenting has been one big circus ride full of learning, that's for sure.
IHeartFaces is having a 'motherhood' challenge this week, and so I thought I'd submit this photo of Julian and I. It's not perfect, but neither was the day it was taken...matter of fact, I remember the day quite clearly as I was on the brink of total mommy meltdown for most of it. Julian was sick as a dog and teething, and this meant a very clingy, angry baby. This photo proves just how un-glamorous motherhood can be - and yet, if you wait out the tears and the tantrums, you will be richly rewarded with a moment like this.
And if you're REALLY lucky, you'll have your camera there to catch it (snotty nose and all.)
I am truly thankful this Mother's Day for all the moments between my son and I - from the perfect to the downright frustrating. He has made me a little wiser, a little more patient, and has changed my entire outlook on life. I promise to continue to try and be the best Mommy I can - even if it's not the Mommy I originally set out to be.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this, including my own...who claims I was an angelic child who never gave her any issues, and I'm just inclined to believe her. Love you Mom!
(Head over to IHeartFaces to see more motherhood entries)


18 comments:
Oh how precious! I adore this!
I loved what you wrote.. so true about things not always turning out the way you expected them to be. I too, have had that child in the store. ;) Beautiful photo.
The picture had me smiling at the thumbnail...it's great! Love the kiss and his smile!
This is so great! Have a fantastic mother's day
Tamar.
Love this image copped- it leaves so much to the imagination.. you can 'see' the smile and feel the love!
love the image & the words :) happy mother's day!!
love this photo!
The composition is perfect!! Love your entry, super sweet!
I love your post and I know exactly how you feel. The photo is perfect!
gorgeous shot. My little guy is just 15 months. I LOVE this age. new follower!
Wonderful composition!
i love this! such a sweet shot & wonderful angle!
This picture is really, really darling. I love everything about it. So beautiful : )
How precious! The crop is wonderful, the color is happy, and the mood is joyous, wonderful photo! (p.s. I love your header)
Love love LOVE the tight crop here. What a cutie.
Love how you can see the smile without seeing his mouth. Darling!
Everything about this is perfect!! I love it!
love your perspective on this shot! what a fun photo!
Post a Comment