Do you ever wish you could go back and change the song you danced to at your wedding? I admit - I do still love the song Eddie and I danced to (To Make You Feel My Love - The Garth Brooks version.) I chose it for the lyrics, as we knew at that time that Eddie would be leaving soon after our wedding for an 18 month deployment and I wanted something that spoke to the fact that we would make it through that difficult time. And yet, like so many things, your marriage changes as the years go on and as new challenges enter your life, so would there be a song that better describes you NOW? If you were to get married to each other again? For me, that song would be "Beautiful Mess" by Jason Mraz. Not only is it a beautiful song, but if our original song spoke somewhat to the newness and raw emotion of our sparkling new marriage, this song definitely speaks to a more relaxed, imperfect kind of love that you find yourself comfortably settled into nearly 7 years later. Not to mention that Jason Mraz is a lyrical genius.
So, if you're reading this...what was YOUR wedding song? Would you change it or revamp it based on your relationship today?
(This post comes to you courtesy of my 45 minute commute home yesterday where I re-discovered my iPod and remembered that there is indeed music outside of Laurie Berkner and Sesame Street....also...it is apparently spouses week, according to facebook, so I'm going to throw that in here to make this seem relevent.)
1 comment:
I love this post! And both are very good songs you chose. My hubby and I actually danced to "Final Frontier", the theme from the TV show Mad About You, though it was a version performed by Aretha Franklin and not the original TV version. :-) Yeah, we're strange, but I think it still fits us. We are both big music people though, so one of the favors at our wedding was a CD of songs that we chose to represent each other and our relationship. We're constantly coming up with additional "albums" and playlists that evolve as we do...sort of a running soundtrack for us.
Post a Comment