Saturday, May 21, 2011

Neglected

Just a quick post to say that I'm sorry I've been neglecting my here lately. I'm weeks behind on my Project 52, but I've not given it up. I've just been putting my energy in a few different directions right now, and that leaves precious little time for personal blogging. Not to mention our crazy schedule this month - Eddie will practically be gone more weekends than he is home during May and June and so any time I devote to projects gets cut in half - at least - in order to keep my kiddo entertained and keep this chaotic mess called my house from total catastrophe. Add to that photos to edit, orders to put in and me banging my head against the wall trying to get a Sweet Pickle blog up and running...you get the point.



I do have a large picture post coming up though, just need a little more time to devote to it :)

Julian is continuing to astound us with his intelligence and humor...it seems to be a daily thought that I should blog some of his toddlerisms...as I'm sure one day I will forget the cute and hilarious things he says and does. I need to make a mental note to be better about that. Already some of his 'babyisms' are wearing off...no longer are monkey's called "Ah-Ah's"...they are just monkeys. Cows are just cows, not 'moo's' ...and yet every cat he sees is still a "Mimi Wow" (translation - one of our cats is named Mimi, and 'wow' is meow) although sometimes he does call Archie by his proper name. In typical boy fashion - he is quite proud of his bodily functions, and will laugh heartily and proclaim "I fahted" every time he does so. He also somehow picked up the phrase "stinky poop" lately (ahem...Eddie) and even though he doesn't care to tell us when there is ACTUAL stinky poop (like say, in his diaper), he will step on play-doh, peel it off the bottom of his shoe and announce that he has created "stinky poop."

And yet...amidst all his boy-ness, the poor little guy has a healthy fear of critters just like his Mama. One morning I was folding laundry and heard a piercing scream followed by crying, ran out into the living room expecting an injury, and instead found him screaming and pointing at a spider on the wall. I've realized that he feeds off my fear as well, and so I need to be more careful with how I react to the little buggers too...just this morning he went to pick me a dandelion (one of his favorite things to do outside) and I screamed and said "No, a bee!" because there was indeed a honeybee on the dandelion...which caused crying, and the refusal to touch any dandelions for the rest of the morning. (And yet, 10 minutes later when we saw a snake, he was fine with that!)

It's amazing to see his personality grow by bounds and leaps every single day. I wish I had time enough to truly relate some stories to you, but naptime is nearly over, someone needs a shower (ew, me) and the rest will just have to wait until another day. :)

(P.S....I just posted this on the WRONG BLOG...which goes to show my state of mind right now. I'm not even going to check for typos, so if there are some - forgive me!)









I promise to be a better blogger next week. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: