Saturday, June 18, 2011

Firsts

It seems like this has been a summer of firsts for Julian. First days spent playing in the sprinkler, first nights finding dirt and gravel in every crevice, first friends, first favorites...

And finally a first haircut. That's right folks, I gave in. After months of trimming it myself (and not doing a great job by any means), it was time to call in the pro. My hair stylist Kim did a great job and even though his little curls in the back are mostly gone, I have faith that they will return one day. Kiddo needed a little less weight on that head. It's hot out there!
The "before"

Upon dicovering himself in the mirror....

Getting lots of snacks to get us through...

The "after"...Mommy couldn't handle seeing TOO much cut off ;)

Still ornery as ever...
Another first: the slip-n-slide....

Before the haircut, obviously...

Like the first sprinkler incident, Julian was fairly hesistant at first - preferring to hang out and splash in the little puddle at the end and avoid all that troublesome 'sliding'...but after an hour or so, and watching all the big kids in action, he finally relented to giving it a go...



Yep...he loved it. He still talk about the 'slippy slide'....If it weren't for the fact that several of our neighbors have one that can easily be 'borrowed', we might just be tempted to purchase one of our own.

Another first....Julian has finally come to the dark side, and by dark side I mean chocolate. He has discovered the cupcake (or 'buttcake' as he so lovingly refers to it.)


Did it matter that the cupcake was pink with flowers and princess sparkles? Not in the least. NUM.

Don't get me wrong - we haven't been keeping him from the cupcakes - he is just the absolute pickiest eater that ever walked the earth, and therefore it took until now - nearly 2 years old - for him to actually EAT one. (This is the kid that squashed his 1st birthday cake into blue muck without even so much as tasting it.)  Boy does this kid love cupcakes. They rank right up there with fruit snacks, which is to say that they are requested for breakfast, lunch and dinner...at the very least.

I feel like there is so much info I want to cram into one post and just no way to word it all. This summer has been so much fun. Our house is TRASHED, I can never find anything, my work is never done, but we are having so much fun, there honestly isn't enough time in the day some days. Any time stuck at home is spent singing and dancing along to Veggie Tales (Julian's new obsession), making play-doh balls,  drawing 'happy balloons'  or standing at the door and whining to go outside to see "Archie Wow" or "kids"... I'm already dreading the end of summer. Summer has been a complete 180 from Winter in so many ways.

Hope everyone is loving the warm summer days as much as we are! More posts to come ;) I promise.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Aww he's cute with his hair cut (and the curls). The slip n slide looks fun I want to buy one for Neely!