Saturday, June 11, 2011

Time marches on...

Every day I tell Julian that he's my baby, but really....that's kind of a lie. He is growing and blossoming at such an alarming rate, it's hard to see the baby in him anymore. Eddie and I joke that he seems to age a month with each day that passes. In one week we went from counting to three, to counting to eleven. Gone are the days of being excited over a three-word sentence - the boy just does not stop talking. He will rattle off a whole paragraph describing the plot of whatever Wow Wow Wubbzy episode it is he just watched...he asks questions...heck, he has even mastered the phrase "Watch this, Mama!"  

Of course, along with all this great vocabulary and maturity comes the inevitable tantrums and toddler throw-downs. I feel like we are at a crossroads of sorts; he is old enough to ask for what he wants, but not old enough to understand that he can't always get what he wants (and Mick Jagger jokes are sadly lost on him too.)  Thankfully, his outbursts are swift, but what they lack in duration is made up for with intensity. Sometimes there is no actual reason for the outburst...and you are left scratching your head as to why your child just threw themselves in the floor in utter hysterics. And then other times all if forgiven and forgotten with the giving of a simple fruit snack.

Summer has been busy for us. My photography has picked up enough to actually take up some of my time, playdates are plentiful, as is our time spent outdoors, and thanks to lots of excitement and sunlight, Julian has decided that he now goes to sleep between 10pm and 11pm. This does not leave a lot of time for Eddie and I to do much other than crash at the end of the day (or in my case, stay awake into the wee hours of the night trying to get things done.)  I am trying my best to enjoy the summer as it quickly passes by us, especially the moments spent with just the three of us. Due to a short deployment looming in our near future, I know that our sweet summer moments are going to get cut short, and it's weighing on me a bit. What I wouldn't give to have summer slow down just a little, and enjoy a few more moments like these...








Because it wasn't all THAT long that we were here....






(And how ironic is the clothing choice? Totally unplanned...)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I absolutely LOVE the first picture! So pretty.