Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekend Update

So, things are going pretty well...Eddie is currently installing our new tub/shower kit...and I've managed to line 6 drawers with contact paper. In almost as many hours. Which required at least 3 breaks for both emotional and physical reasons and prompted Eddie to coin the term 'drawer rage'. You know, I wake up in the morning with all sorts of plans concerning what I'd like to get done that day, and by noon I've already realized how idiot it was to assume I'd get ANYTHING done. Most days I feel like an elephant trapped in mud. A painful, swollen elephant. You'd think I'd realize my limitations already...but I don't.

On that note, I think I'll fill out a pregnancy survey. Might as well have something to look back and remember these fleeting joyful moments! I promise some pictures next weekend of the bathroom and nursery progress. Hopefully by then it'll look like we've actually made some!



How far along? 36 weeks and 5 days.

Total weight gain/loss: Enough. More than enough. Let's just leave it at that.

Maternity clothes? Which ones? I only have a few left that actually FIT, and I hate those with a passion. I can't wait to not have to wear them anymore.

Stretch marks? As of a week ago, I've finally joined the ranks and developed a few. But not where I thought I would..

Sleep: Elusive at best. If it's not the horrid reflux, it's my arms going numb, or my bladder needing emptied, or the cats breaking into the bedroom, or smoe noise outside, or the neighbor's dog barking at nothing for 30 minutes straight, or the phone ringing, or the fact that I somehow rolled onto my back and can't breathe. And then...at about 5am, I fall into a deep, blissful sleep. Exactly 20 minutes before my alarm starts going off.

Best moment this week: How sad is it that I cannot come up with a single thing?? It's been a hard week.

Movement: Still there, but feeling those 'kicks' less and less as the poor guy continues to run out of room. Every now and then he REALLY gets going though...and he gets hiccups at least once a day. Those are fun.


Food cravings:
Constantly changing. Lately it's been mac 'n cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Labor signs: I'm a little worried I wouldn't know one if it hit me in the face. Lets hope they remain a mystery for a couples more weeks.

Belly button in or out? Out-ish?? It's kind of in between, but definitely no longer an 'innie'.

What I miss: My ankles. Sleeping on my stomach. Bending over. Shaving my legs without feeling as if I've just run a marathon. A good night's sleep. Walking without waddling. Walking in general, without pain. The ability to move from sitting to standing without swaying, pushing, grunting and other very un-ladylike movements.

What I'm looking forward to: Holding our baby, bringing him home, finally putting to use everything we've painstakingly picked out for him. Getting out of maternity clothes. Feeling like myself again (or some reasonable facsimile), watching Eddie be a Daddy.

Weekly wisdom: Write everything down...pregnancy brain is real. Don't wait until the third trimester to do everything. It'll never get done. Don't believe what they show you in movies. They'll have you thinking you only gain weight in your belly, that you can frolick on the beach at 30 weeks and that you basically spend 40 weeks in a self-induced bliss coma. It's all one big lie.

Milestones: Our baby will officially be full term on Monday. Where did the time go?

No comments: