Saturday, January 16, 2010
Hat Fun
My friend Donna made Julian this adorable hat, so of course we had to have a little photo shoot to show it off :) Julian is one week shy of 6 months now, and I'm in utter shock as to how quickly he has grown up! Just this week he has surprised me with all the new things he can do. Currently he is working VERY hard to crawl! He rolls onto his belly any chance he can get (this is the same child that would scream bloody murder when placed on his stomach just a few short weeks ago). Once on his belly he can now pivot around in order to get to his toys and even gets his legs moving at times. I'm guessing it's not going to be long at all until our little dude is mobile. Am I ready? Not at all. And neither is our house. Shame on us.
We've also started him on some baby food, which he has done increasingly well with! I only wish it helped him sleep at night (not a guarantee, but I was crossing my fingers). Unfortunately it's not. He currently still wakes 2-3 times a night to eat (and luckily ONLY eat), leaving Mommy out of her mind with exhaustion most days. We did, however, recently break him of his need to be swaddled...so he now sleeps and naps completely swaddle free, which was a necessity with all the rolling over.
Other changes: He has become the King of curiosity. You can't even scratch your ear in the same room with him without him whipping his head around to investigate the noise! He loves sounds, and loves MAKING sounds. His favorite thing to do is to sit in his booster chair and throw/knock all his toys on the floor. He also is at that stage where anything and everything end up in his mouth. So much fun! And he's so ORNERY...you can see the little wheels turning in his head while he's doing it! It doesn't help that he's also developed the ability to throw toddler-esque tantrums and has been known to have a total meltdown when he doesn't get what he wants. Still no teeth, but more and more days that I swear a few are going to pop through at any moment. Still, after this afternoon I'm quite glad he's all gums...he learned that clamping down and yanking while mommy is feeding him gets a nice, noisy reaction from mommy! We're going to work on that before he gets any sharp teeth to cause further damage. Mommy was NOT happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment