Thursday, April 5, 2012

32 and 52

Wow, so I sort of fell off the face of the earth where blogging is concerned. Lots going on! Yesterday I turned 32. I don't feel differently than I did at 31. I think once you hit 30, it's all just "30-something" from there on out. Remember that show? Yeah, me too. I thought there were all old. Yeesh.

52 weeks of Julian is going strong. I find facebook a little easier to update where that is concerned as all my photos stay in one neat little album for me to add to every week. It's amazing how much he's changed already from the beginning of the year. He's definitely nearing 3 and you can DEFINITELY tell. He's so smart and witty...and then incredibly bull-headed all at the same time. Potty training has pretty much been a no-go, but the Easter Bunny will be bringing some inspirational movies and videos to help with that....so here's fingers crossed!

catching up on a few photos...not entirely sure where I stopped, but here's the last couple of weeks at least.
sharing a drink with Daddy (check it out - coats!! that's how you know it was a while ago!)

Just one of his many disguises...

So rare....a nap in the car is pretty unheard of these days. Made even better by the fact that I actually had my camera with me and could snap a few photos of his sweet sleeping little face.

J picked out this hat at Walmart one evening and wore it for the duration of our shopping trip. At one point we were standing in an aisle and a gentleman with a cowboy hat on walked past...to which he responded (quite loudly) "Look! He's a cowboy TOO!"  
A very spur of the moment fishing trip marked Julian's very first time with a fishing rod. He has since gone several more times with Daddy and even caught something crazy like 8 fish on Monday when I was in Topeka with my Mom. Amazing! I can't wait to get some more pictures of him in action. Eddie is pretty much in hog heaven. I think he's been waiting for this moment since I found out I was pregnant.


I will try my best to keep this blog up to date :) We are doing well and really REALLY enjoying the weather. It has us so spoiled that today I nearly turned the heat on when the high didn't go past 55. I much prefer 85! We've spent a lot of time outdoors and while that is AWESOME and makes my kid sleep like a log at night, it also means that keeping up with the house and anything business related has been incredibly difficult. I will definitely be striving to find a balance this summer. I'll admit...there are days I just want to put it all on the backburner and play in the mud with my kid. Living on the cusp of 3 isn't always peachy, but my kid is pretty much amazing and even at the end of the hardest day I just feel like picking him up out of his bed and hugging him. He is such his own little person...and it turns out that he's quite a bit like his Momma. Even if those are his most annoying traits.

More to come soon I hope :)

No comments: