(Note to world...this post was started on November 1st. Say hello to my ridiculous life)
Well, since I'm not much for updating on any regular basis, perhaps a monthly thing would suffice! October 2012 was a good one...but a crazy one. I'm pretty sure I've signed up for a lifetime of crazy Octobers with this photography stuff, but perhaps eventually I will find a way to achieve some sort of balance between business demands and personal desires? This year I didn't make things very easy for myself when I decided mid-busy-season to not only change cameras, but camera brands. The opportunity to make a much-needed upgrade presented itself and I took it. The rest has been a lot of learning the hard way, but I think we're safely through the worst. I blocked off an entire weekend for just family time, and thankfully it was a warm, BEAUTIFUL weekend that resulted in a couple pumpkin patch visits and some outdoor fun. (Pictures below!) Julian continues to do really well at preschool twice a week. I can't say that it's become the 'me time' I'd hoped it would, but every now and then I can drag my laptop to Panera and get caught up on a few things over a pumpkin muffin top or two. Usually those mornings are spent running errands, and that's nice for getting errands done, but work? Not so much. Still, I find myself enjoying the solitude.
3-years-old continues to be a blessing and a daily challenge. He's growing up so fast and so many things are clicking into place for him, and yet...so many challenges arise as he continues to outsmart us or even out-bully us at times! October started the ritual of morning cuddles in bed, and while no one really ENJOYS waking up at 6-7am, that sure helps Mommy ease into the idea. (And don't get me started on daylight savings time and how that continues to mess up my child's sleeping habits!)
Here are some highlights from this month. It's amazing what all took place in October.....amazing what you can squeeze into a month if you have to (or want to!) Even now, looking back at these photos, I already miss Fall as it's slipping away from us and leading to cold frosty evenings and hauling wood to the stove before bed. Winter is on the way, and while I look forward to life slowing down enough to catch my breath, I will always miss the warm months and will be waiting for them to return to us!
 |
| We started our family weekend at Browndale Farms, a pumpkin patch that we've taken Julian to since he was merely months old. I love watching him enjoy more and more of that activities as he gets older. The hay bales were a big hit last year, and continued to be the highlight of the action this year as well. |
 |
| Taller and taller every year....our fourth photo in front of this sign! |
 |
| The corn was a bigger hit this year than last! |
 |
| Had to take a break for a little PBJ. |
 |
| Next up was a trip to A&H pumpkin patch which made for our third annual visit there. This year a lot had changed! We met up with Grandpa Fred and Carol as they was in town for the evening. Biggest hit here was the petting zoo and chasing the chickens around the property. Apparently all I need to keep my toddler entertained is live poultry. |
 |
| Julian very nearly didn't go on the slide, but once he had been down it once, that's ALL he wanted. He and Eddie made quite a few trips. I stayed safely on the ground and took pictures ;) |
Earlier in the week we took our little Woody the cowboy to trick-or treat at Sunset Zoo's "Spooktacular." It was so warm we were literally sweating the whole time, but Julian enjoyed it nonetheless. While I miss last year's Larry the Cucumber costume a tiny bit, he sure made one seriously adorable Woody! We got lots of use out of the costume thanks to Spooktacular, his school Halloween celebration, trick-or-treating in Aggieville and Halloween night of course!
Here's a photobomb of Halloween stuffs from Spooktacular to pumpkin carving to trick-or-treating with friends.
 |
| the wind caused us to have to lose the hat pretty early on! |
 |
| lunch break with daddy |
 |
| Meeting super Willie was a little scary, but overall exciting. Julian kept looking in his mouth ;) smart kiddo. |
 |
| Getting tickles from Uncle Ben during a quick visit |
 |
| Julian loves his cousins. They are the best entertainment! |
 |
| mommy and daddy decided to rake leaves one warm fall evening, so of course Julian had to have a little fun in the leaf pile ;) |
 |
| warm Autumn nights <3 td="td">3> |
 |
| shhh...Daddy's coming |
 |
| Cowcouple? (Preschool) |
 |
| His class performed a couple SUPER CUTE songs for parents the morning of their Halloween party. |
 |
| time for pumpkin carving!! we let Julian draw his own jack-o-lantern and then we cut it out for him. This took a few tries until he felt it was 'right'....but came out so cute! |
 |
| pumpkin face #1 |
 |
| while Daddy is slaving away on the 'scary face' that Julian requested he carve, Julian enjoyed dumping leaves on my head! |
 |
| Scarrrrrrrrrrrrrry pumpkin (black cat only adds to the ambiance.) Daddy did good! |
 |
| All ready for Halloween! |
 |
| True fact...I have a picture of Julian picking his nose in just about every situation imaginable. Here he is preparing for some neighborhood trick-or-treating! |
 |
| Testing the candy... |
 |
| Here we go! |
 |
| Enjoying some pretty Autumn light. |
 |
| climbing on our neighbor's hay bales! |
 |
| I'm so glad our neighborhood FINALLY (after 7 years of never having trick-or-treaters) got on the Halloween bandwagon. It's so nice to enjoy Halloween with our neighborhood friends. |
 |
| To infinity and beyond! Julian with his buddy Brysen. |
 |
| Sillies. |
So there you have it. October in a nutshell. It was a wild ride and we enjoyed (almost) every minute of it! One week from tomorrow our little family will be embarking on our first trans-continental road trip as we travel to Colorado Springs to visit some very special loved ones for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to showing my son the mountains (which trump any beach in my opinion), but not necessarily looking forward to 9 hours in a vehicle with a restless 3 year old or the fact that my child refuses to sleep anywhere but his own bed. It will be an adventure 100%....I guess I'll let you know how it turns out!
And since it IS mid-November, a little teaser... Julian and I spent one very warm Indian Summer Saturday in the 'studio' having a little fun for our Christmas cards. The cuteness was overflowing and I can't wait to get our cards printed!
Until next month, keep on swimming!
No comments:
Post a Comment