Sunday, December 9, 2012

...on the shelf.

As much as I wish I were posting a November recap, I haven't had time to sift through personal photos at all for the last couple of weeks. I did want to share a little something to show off our new friend Hermie though before it's January and it's totally irrelevant ;)  Hermie is our Elf on the Shelf....yes, I drank the koolaid. I wanted to be sure that amid all the holiday season craziness that Julian had at least one thing that he could look forward to every day to help get us all in the Christmas mood. I had big plans for an advent calendar...even bought the supplies and printed things off and here it is December 9th and I still haven't even put it together, so I'm thinking that will get saved for next year. Between Eddie's crazy work/drill/training schedule, photography insanity and a constant barrage of viral illnesses (I got pink eye for Pete's sake!) it's been more than a little tough infusing holiday fun into our schedules, but we're trying hard.

Here's a glimpse of Hermie and his antics. I post everything to instagram for the most part, but I usually drag out the 'real' camera for a couple shots of each setup, so maybe at the end I can put all those photos together somewhere for Julian to look back on. So far he's really had a pretty good reaction to it. The first few days were a little 'meh' but now he looks forward to finding his elf every morning when he wakes up.

Here's to hoping I can come up with about 15 more ideas! My brain is a little on the exhausted side these days.


No comments: