So I broke down and officially set up a 'real' blog...I figure this might help Eddie and I keep family and friends 'in the know' concerning how our lives are getting along these days. And boy are there things to type about! Since this is my first entry, I'll just cover the highlights from the last week or so. It was actually an eventful week!
First - I hit 16 weeks pregnant this Tuesday - officially 4 months (crazy!). I don't look it one bit though...much to my annoyance, really. Not that I'm in any hurry to be 'huge'..it just would be nice to have something to show for all my body has been put through these last few months! I've been told to enjoy these 'skinny' days ...which would be a lot easier if my pants actually FIT. Which they don't. I don't feel skinny in pants that are unbottoned and held up with only luck and a very thick rubberband.
Next - Things were a bit scary last week. Wednesday afternoon I started feeling pretty sick at work, so I left early and came home and crashed on the couch. I was nauseated - which isn't all THAT rare at this point - but there was something about the way I was feeling that was just not 'right'. I woke at about 5pm and within half an hour I was throwing up. And throwing up. And throwing up. By 10pm I was having severe abdominal cramps to go with it and hadn't held any fluid down for over 10 hours. It was time. I made Eddie take me to the ER. 2 bags of fluids, 3 meds and 5 hours later we were finally able to go home. The doctor said it was most likely just a virus...and to ease my mind they let us hear the baby's heartbeat - so it was good to know Pickle was still doing just fine in there despite the circumstances. Me? I still wasn't doing so hot.
Thursday came and went and I slept a lot...Friday I had my 16 week OB appt (a little early) and got to hear the heartbeat again (according to my doctor, Pickle sounds 'big and bold'...I'm not sure what to make of that, but if it means healthy, then I'm happy!). That night though I started feeling sick again...nauseated with no appetite and abdominal troubles. This would continue through the whole weekend and into Monday. Which is a day that deserves it's own paragraph...
So...Monday... where do I begin.
I was sick...our cat Archie was sick...Eddie and I were both running our heads off to doctor and vet visits, only to be rewarded at the end of the day with our pipes clogging and our washing machine backing up and flooding half the house. Which wouldn't have been so bad if Eddie weren't washing his jacket. The jacket that Archie had just emptied his sick little bowels all over in the car on the way to the vet...already rendering the car useless with it's smell. YUM. Poor Eddie had to attack both bathrooms and the laundry room with a giant bottle bleach...for which I am eternally grateful for...if only he would have opened a few more windows, because the fumes ended up giving me a sore throat for 2 days. Not to mention the fact that I was already nauseated BEFORE being assaulted by smells I'd rather just forget.
It was one heck of a day.
What I did find out at my doctors visit was that my continued troubles were most likely just the aftereffects of the virus. They feel I may have progressed my diet a little too soon...and put me back on soft foods and clear liquids. I wasn't too happy (more like HUNGRY), but it must have worked...I haven't had an episode since Monday night, and tonight I ate pizza for the first time in weeks. Success!! Here's to hoping that bug is long gone...I'm ready to start feeling like me again. Even if that 'me' is 'pregnant me'...it's better than how I've felt this last week!
So there's my scattered, random update of sorts. Now, hopefully I can just keep up in real time with events as they unfold. Assuming I'm not too tired or lazy :)
Upcoming Events:
March 13th we have our first ultrasound and YES...we will be finding out the sex of our little Pickle (crossing fingers). I figure I'll put up a poll when the time gets a little closer so that you guys can vote on what you think we're having :)
Me? I think we're having a baby. But I could be wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment