Saturday, November 21, 2009

Back to business

My how the last few weeks have flown by... 2 weeks ago I started back at work, working 3 days a week. It's honestly been the toughest transition yet. Leaving my little buddy every morning has been gut-wrenching, and having to run around with my head cut off in the evenings just to get ready for the next day has been exhausting. Add to that the fact that he is currently going through some sort of phase (regression?) where he now wakes every 3 hours to eat overnight, and you can imagine why I say it's been tough. Julian also has decided that eating is apparently for wimps during much of the day (most likely the case of the overnight feedings all of a sudden) and has given those watching him quite a hassle when it comes to getting any food in his belly. I'm really really hoping that part changes. I personally think he's just missing mommy...and noticing something is different. There's always bound to be something that goes awry when you make big changes to a baby's life. I'm just praying things get easier and that I get the hang of the morning routine (or lack thereof?) and am able to continue to get out of the house on time.

Well, the sickies haven't left us yet...Julian and I like to share everything, and are currently both battling another round of colds. I have a feeling it's just going to be like this for the duration of the winter - yet another reason why it's not my favorite season by any stretch. Julian continues to thrive, however and has started mastering a handful of new skills! He now reaches for and grasps things (toys, mommy's hair, pretty much everything that comes near him), he is also starting to be able to roll onto his belly and back to his back again, although it's still pretty random at this point. He smiles all day long now and has begun to giggle at times. He loves rough-housing with his Daddy and is finally getting some good use out of his jumperoo. He even thinks he needs to try to sit up when he's in his bathtub. Not sure what that skill will develop into...but he loves to do it! Overall he's starting to become his own little man now and it's a wonderful thing to witness. It seems like he learns something new every day!
Here's some recent photos:


Oh, and before I forget, we have something new as well - an almost complete bathroom! It still needs floor trim and for the new washer/dryer to be installed, but it's a place for me to get ready in the mornings and that has made my life so much easier! 5 months without a bathroom sink can make you a little crazy!! Our other 'larger' bathroom will probably not be complete for another month or two, but we're on the road to victory...one inch at a time. Here's to hoping things continue to progress!






Happy early Thanksgiving to everyone reading! Have a safe and relaxing holiday :)

No comments: