Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow!

Julian got to see his first real snow this week, and boy was there lots of it! 12 inches or so to be exact. Since I didn't want to risk making my already hour-plus long commute in the bad weather, he got lots of Mommy time and even a little Daddy time on Wednesday. It was nice to finally have the opportunity to put up the tree and do some decorating...however little of it I actually got accomplished. It's officially starting to feel like Christmas! Julian even made his first visit to see Santa this past weekend and got a photo with him :) Unfortunately I need to dig my scanner out of the basement so that I can post it! He was very good though, and didn't cry!

Here's a recap of some of the other things we did this last week..



In his Santa hat, posing for Christmas card pictures...he's finally decided that tummy time isn't so bad and even seems to LIKE being on his belly some days. This is major progress!

Hanging his very first ornament with Daddy - a silver reindeer given to him by Grandma. Reindeers were Mommy's favorite when Mommy was a little girl.

Three little stockings :) I smile every time I see them. Of course, I would have smiled a bit more had I remembered to order Julian his special stocking like Mommy and Daddy's...but it's nothing a spare stocking and a little glitter paint couldn't fix. I just can't wait to fill it with all the fun stuff I bought him! He's been the one person I've had no problem shopping for this year...and the only one who wouldn't notice a difference if I had!
The end product...complete with cat (presents?) under the tree. So far they've done pretty well with not demolishing the whole thing...which was an issue with our old tree.


And now the snow...

We finally ventured outside for a bit on Wednesday...you'll notice my car buried under a mountain of snow in the driveway...it's still sitting there. Exactly like that. The picture doesn't really do it justice as to just how much there was...or should I say "is"...it's still all out there!





Julian discovering his first snow! Very briefly of course...as it was very VERY cold outside! Once he got over the overwhelming brightness of it all, he seemed ok with it!




Taking a short trip to see baby "T-bone" a calf owned by friends of ours. I think he was a little confused...this cow looked nothing like the one on Baby Einstein! He was probably thinking "what kind of cat is THIS?"

T-bone :)


Attending his cousin Abbey's carnival-themed birthday party last Friday...


Taken just nano-seconds before the crying erupted. Poor guy :( It's all fun and games until someone sticks a giant red ball on your nose.


Getting a kiss from Mommy to make it all better...


Uncle Ben...dressed up for the occasion. I think Julian was a bit confused.

But he put on a brave face and even cracked a smile or two. Especially when Uncle Ben let him play with his 'hair'.

Some random photos...

"fishy face"...Julian still loves bath time the best!


Floor time...

He's so long and almost skinny now! Last week he weighed 16 1/2 lbs and measured 26 1/2 inches long. He's already wearing 6-9 month pants (and some tops) and even those are kind of short on him at times. I look back on stuff he wore just a few months ago and can't believe he was ever that tiny! It amazes me.


Also, starting just this last week he's finally decided that rolling over onto his belly has its benefits. He still doesn't do it every time he's on the floor, but will do it multiple times a day if he's feeling like it. He's so proud of himself when he does it too. He just beams from ear to ear :) I can honestly say that I'm nowhere near ready for him to be crawling...but I do get excited when I think about all the new things he's learning to do! He's growing up so fast!
Here's a video of him in his jumperoo the other night...
At his 4 month appointment last week, the doctor suggested we start baby proofing now. Little does she know that it would literally take a contractor to do so. Maybe Santa will bring Mommy a contractor for Christmas...

1 comment:

Miriah said...

Aww! Your tree is so pretty! Our's is so fluffy you can't see any of the ornaments! Guess we should have "thinned" it out a little before decorating? Julian is getting so big : ) Bea is going to look like an elf next to him! I hope we get to see you on Sunday!