As for other changes, this last week was my last full week of work. From now on I will be a 'stay-at-home-all-but-one-day-a-week' mom. Our good friend and babysitter isn't able to continue to watch Julian at this time, so we decided that the best solution for everyone involved was for me to stay home with Julian and only continue to work Mondays while Eddie is home watching him. I'm both excited and scared about this change. I can't wait to have this much time with my son, and yet financially it will make life a little tougher on us. I feel it is the right decision though, and look forward to spending the majority of my days watching him grow...which he is doing so quickly! At his 6 month doctor appointment last week he measured just a smidge under 19 lbs and was 28 inches long!
Here's some of his 6-month shots that we got done about 2 weeks ago. He was so much fun during the shoot...giggled and smiled through the whole thing despite having a generally rough teething day. I'm really excited about how cute his pictures turned out :)




I can honestly say that this 6 months is a fun age. I enjoy watching Julian's personality develop, and have such an honestly FUN time playing with him and watching his mind work. Life would be nearly perfect if the little bugger would just SLEEP! Back when I was pregnant I always knew the first few months would be rocky and that I'd be up several times a night during that period..I guess I never expected that period to still be going strong at nearly 7 months. Most nights I am up with him at least 3 times...most of those being short feedings, but occasionally he'll have a total meltdown that requires both parents and nearly a full hour to get him calmed back down. It's not easy...I won't lie. I honestly feel like I walk around in a fog of exhaustion most days. Anyone who knows me well would have to agree that it's an ironic twist of fate that MY child would HATE TO SLEEP! Ugh. Cross fingers. Maybe he'll grow out of it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment