Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vote!

I recently submitted a few photos of Julian into the "American Baby Cover Contest" sponsored by Parents magazine. I guess they take a bunch (like 3000!!?) of photos submitted each week and put them into a Photo of the Week contest. You don't win anything, but it's still fun. If the ranking of the photos is how I think it is, we're pretty much at the end of the bunch, but feel free to put in a vote for him anyhow if you're reading this! :) I think he's darn cute...and this just happens to be my most recent favorite photo of him. Here's the link to vote...you have through February 28th!

http://photos.parents.com/category/vote/photo/128782

As an afterthought, I'm sitting here watching (and I use that term loosely) the show "Little Miss Perfect". I find this show to be somewhat of a bad accident...I think it's horrendous, yet I can't look away. Every time Eddie and I find ourselves watching it, I reiterate the fact that I would never, NEVER put any future daughter through that and how I think it's bordering on sick and wrong. (If you're not familiar with the show, it involves young girls participating a beauty pageant aptly titled "Little Miss Perfect Pageant"). And yet...as I'm sitting here perusing the internet for cute baby photo contests, I have to wonder if I'm not just as bad as these parents who spend thousands of dollars for their child to win a crown made out of plastic and rhinestones. Hmmm. Maybe not 'exactly' like those parents...but it's close enough to seem just a wee bit ironic.

At least there are no fake eyelashes and spray tan involved.

No comments: