The weather has FINALLY warmed up enough to go outside! Not sure how long it's going to last, but we took advantage of it and took Julian to the park for the first time. At first he wasn't so sure about the swings, but warmed up to them soon enough once he realized their true potential. Since it was still a bit too chilly for the zoo, Mommy and Daddy took him to the next best thing - the pet store. He had so much fun trying to squeeze all the animals through the glass (this is what he does...he likes to grab a hold of the cats and squeeze!)
Later that day, he got some more hands-on animal experience while visiting a friend's baby chicks and ducks. He wasn't so sure what to think of these. He mostly watched them and snuck in a few nice 'pets'. He only once tried to squeeze their heads (something I was a little worried about).
I'm soooo excited for the onset of Spring. It's something I have been anxiously awaiting since November of last year. I am very much a warm weather person, and tend to get sick of winter well before Christmas even hits. The warm weather is going to bring so many opportunities for fun and I can't wait to begin letting Julian experience more of the outdoors! It couldn't come soon enough in my opinion!
As for things at home, we're settling into our new lifestyle and routine pretty nicely. I have days where I get a little overwhelmed with a fairly mobile, active and sometime CRANKY little sidekick all to myself all day, but overall I am so happy and content spending my days here with him and watching him blossom. I feel like so much stress in my life has been lifted from my shoulders and it feels amazing to be able to just focus on my family for a while. Next on my 'to do' list - find some time for myself! Unfortunately, that's a little harder to come by, but my 30th birthday is coming up...so maybe miracles can happen :)

No comments:
Post a Comment