Saturday, March 13, 2010

Forward Motion

It's official...my baby can crawl! I have been both anticipating and dreading this day since he was born nearly 8 months ago. Living in a home that has been literally 'in progress' for years, there are so many areas that give me shivers to think of him getting into. We've been slowly chipping away at some of the easier fixes over the last couple of months, but the job won't be 'complete' until it's...well...complete. Which means more tools, wires, and holes in the wall for some time to come. My temporary solution is to finally give J his own play space and clear out an area that is currently awaiting renovation and doing no more than acting as a catch-all storage area. we've done the clearing part...and are awaiting the arrival of the gate we ordered to section the room off. I'm very excited to finally have a completely safe area to put him in where he can play and crawl and roll to his heart's content without fear of electrical wires, sharp edges or getting oneself trapped under furniture (happens more than you'd think). In true 'me' fashion, I failed to take any before pictures, but if you watch the show "Hoarders" you'll have some working knowledge of what that area may or may not have looked like. I will have to post some photos when the project is complete!

As a side note, I learned a little something about myself this weekend, and that is that since pregnancy and Julian's birth, I have had a very skewed mental image of myself and my body. About 4 months ago, I set aside quite a bit of clothes to donate or give away that I never saw myself fitting into again. While clearing out the above-mentioned room, I finally went through those clothes and to my surprise, many of them fit or were close enough to fitting that it warranted keeping them after all (although, some of them really WILL never fit me again). It's funny how after 9 months of pregnancy, you really do feel like you will look that way forever...and while I'm definitely not where I was before, I'm not so far off. And that's good enough for now. I may have lost my washboard abs (ha), but I gained an amazing gift, and therefore got the better end of the deal in my opinion. I guess my body is now like the rest of my life - a work in progress!

Oh, and P.S. - - one of those items that fit was my senior prom dress. You just can't beat that!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miriah said...

First WOOOHOOOO!!! You are a totally smoking hot mama!!! Yay for fitting into your prom dress--seriously, that is too cool! Secondly, what an amazing picture of J! He is sooooo beautiful. We can't wait to see you again! lots of love! Bea says hi too!!