Saturday, February 5, 2011

5/52

Theme: Sweet

This isn't a great picture, in fact...it's not even very good. It frustrates me when I miss shots like this because I missed the focus, or had the wrong settings on my camera (which is exactly what happened here), but sometimes you have to remember that the moment is the important thing, and this was a very sweet one in my book.



I was actually in the process of getting THIS shot of my most recent crochet project when Julian decided that I was obviously abusing his 'baby.'



Note: I did not crochet the baby. That was made for Julian by a friend.



And so he snatched him from me and gave him big hugs. He didn't even throw him on the floor afterwards and stomp on him either. A momentous event, indeed.

Yes, I said crochet project. I decided 2 weeks ago I wanted to learn crochet, and so I did. Still learning, really. So far I've accomplished two newborn hats (the one above will hopefully get a set of bear ears this week) and I have two more projects in the works as we speak. I'm sure I'll get bored with it all in a month or two and have a handful of half-finished projects lying about, but for now it's actually helping these awful Winter days to go by a little bit faster. A hobby that can be done in front of the TV - that's my kind of hobby. It is a little difficult when your 18 month old routinely grabs the ball of yarn and runs away with it, though. I stupidly left yarn, with hat attached, lying on the couch while folding some laundry and came back out to the living room being covered in yarn. Took me a good 20 minutes to get all the knots out too. My sweet boy...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean by getting caught up in the right picture. I'm by no means at the level you are with your photography but I can still relate. I spent the afternoon at the zoo with my family only to realize when I got home that I had my iso settings too high and I washed out most of my photos!!

I love the moment you captured, it made me smile. =)

Tina Nicole said...

It is still such a precious picture.

Katarina said...

That first picture truly captures a beautiful moment. I love the *quietness* of it.