Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Window Light

You know it's February when you haven't been anywhere remotely interesting in weeks, and still you'd rather claw your eyes out than actually deal with going anywhere in all the snow and ice and subzero temperatures. Yes, cabin fever is in full effect. If it weren't for the tiny amount of light that streams through my front door, photography would be next to impossible right now.

Getting a decent shot in said window light is no easy feat. It takes a whole lotta luck, really. A friend of mine commented on a photo I posted on facebook saying that Julian is such a good poser, and to that I had a really REALLY good chuckle! Anyone who has spent time around my child (especially recently) will testify to the fact that he stops for no one, and he very much has his own agenda. Long gone are the days of being able to trick him into submission...he's onto mommy and her evil camera. He will have none of that!!
Still, every now and then all the elements come together and I get a shot that I really like.
Thank goodness for window light.

(I couldn't decide which I liked better...color or black and white, so you get both.)

We don't bother getting out of Jammies for our photo shoots.


I think he looks a bit like the Godfather here.

As for the photo in the chair, I didn't put him in the chair. He climbed in the chair - because he climbs now. Isn't that glorious? Seems like every time I turn around he's on something or attempting to be on something and well, it makes our 'baby-proofed' living room seem like a total joke now.  Any words of advice to keep my child from scaling the furniture?

6 comments:

Lori Romano said...

Love this shots! And I feel your pain with the cabin fever blues! But hey, if you keep getting photos like these out of it, then it's totally worth it!

Ashley said...

It's supposed to make it to 50 next week and we are SO excited! We've not only been stuck inside due to cold but sickness as well. I love the color shot in the chair.

Definitely no such thing as toddler proofing. Neely can occasionally get doors open now, it's all down hill from here.

Four Lease Ranch said...

Lovely!

Tricia said...

Love your pics! Like some said previously, not much you can do about the climbing. I tend to try and allow him to climb on a few select things that are "less" dangerous and try and block the things that are. i.e. I put a footstool next to the couch so he can climb up there on his own. He's mostly learned how not to fall off of there, but I still put pillows around it just in case. Meanwhile, I hid the stepstool in the kitchen so he doesn't climb up and try to touch hot things. Hope that helps!

Cristen said...

Thanks, guys! And yeah, I knew this day would come...but geez. It makes life a million times more difficult! He's at that stage where he knows how to get up on things, but not down..without crashing and burning anyhow. At least he's not climbing out of his crib yet (shhh...I might have just jinxed us.)

Tina Nicole said...

Love the B&W for the first one but they are all adorable! And the world of climbing toddlers it a crazy one LOL!