Christmas isn't here yet, but I'm already declaring it a success. The gifts are wrapped (mostly), the stories read...my son thinks baby Jesus is cooler than Dora and will sit and cuddle on my lap through the entire (long-winded, I might add) book of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." The few gifts he's been allowed to open were done with gusto, our tree is still standing (nearly bare, but standing), cookies and cupcakes made, crafts complete, life-sized snowmen created, snow balls and sledding enjoyed...
I'm not going to get all "I love my life," because lets face it - that's just not me (even if I do - and you KNOW I do) I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I think I've gotten hit with enough shoes already this Winter to say with some confidence that I'm really looking forward to this Christmas. I truly believe this could be the happiest one I've had in quite a while....and considering the circumstances, that's pretty amazing.
Merry Christmas Eve to everyone...tidings of comfort and joy. Enjoy the moments, take lots of pictures and relish the joy on your children's faces. I know I will :)
ho ho ho! (some holiday photos straight from the 'ol facebook...since the laptop is.... uh....napping...which is code word for 'the motherboard is possibly fried." See what I've been saying about shoes? Let me tell you all about my eye twitch that has been going on for 4 weeks and counting...)
Enjoy the season, there is beauty everywhere!






No comments:
Post a Comment