Friday, December 2, 2011

What I just ate.

I don't usually post recipes because...well...I don't really like to cook. This is no secret, but I DO like easy recipes for when I'm forced to do so, and this one came via my sister-in-law last year. It has become a fall/winter staple and is a great alternative to chili if you want something just a little different on a cold day. I made a batch last night and figured since I liked it so much, I'd share!

It's called Taco Soup and it goes a little something like this...

ingredients are very simple:
1.5 lbs ground beef (I'm usually lazy and just do 1 lb)
1 med onion - chopped (or if you're lazy like me, some minced onion works too)
2 cans of corn (with juices)
2 cans of tomato sauce
1 can hominy (with juices)
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can Rotel (I do the original)
1 package of taco seasoning

directions are even simpler:
1) brown ground beef and onion and drain fat
2) throw everything else in there
3) simmer until heated
4) eat and enjoy

We really love ours topped with sour cream, shredded cheese and scooped up with corn chips, but you can garnish it however you like.

Yummo.
Eddie actually walked in on me standing on Julian's foot stool taking the above photo and asked what the heck I was doing. Duh. Taking a photo of our soup... I'm pretty sure he thinks I've lost my mind.

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks delish! I make something similar, but I also add a package of ranch mix!