Yay! 18 weeks! Here is what my pregnancy weekly update said this morning...I had to chuckle...
"Your baby weighs about 6.5 ounces and is 13.97 centimeters long from crown to rump, or about the size of a large pickle."
It's about time Pickle started living up to his or her name :)
Of course it also mentioned the fact that Pickle is now producing meconium...which I do have some thoughts on...but we won't go there right now.
In other news...Eddie started a class for his Air Guard unit that will keep him away from home Tuesday and Thursday nights for the next 6 weeks. There's a handful of reasons why this sucks... ie: gas money spent driving to Topeka and back, money spent on Eddie needing to buy dinner 2 nights a week, and of course the hardship on Eddie himself - who will be driving late at night those nights. However, the hardest part to accept was the blatant interruption of our usual Tuesday night routine...ie: watching American Idol together. Yes. We are that pathetic - and addicted. It's just no fun without Eddie here to admire some chick's superfluous bust or to listen as I lament about how no one compares to David Cook.
It makes me sad :(
But..the silver lining is that this class, coupled with a training trip to Tennessee for 2 weeks sometime this Spring, may keep Eddie from being sent on a deployment that would have him leaving very soon after the baby is born. So I guess I should just suck it up, no? Too bad we don't have Tivo...
Speaking of Spring (yes, I'm all over the place tonight)...I officially hate this time of year. 65 degrees one day, 30 the next with snow....I get so sick of the bi-polar weather trends! And this year is even worse as I have literally nothing that fits my inscreasingly increasing body parts...except the Spring-ish maternity clothes I've been slowly collecting. Not to mention that all my shoes suddenly seem too tight. Bring on flip flop weather already! My jeans need to be retired.
Oh, and today was an odd pregnancy day for me. I don't know if I was particularly bloated-looking or whether my stretched-too-far jeans were being obvious, but everyone - and I mean pretty much everyone - commented on my belly and/or overall pregnant-ness today. I guess I should be happy that I no longer look like I just ate too many tacos...but it's a little bizarre to have so many people get so excited over how fat I look. Seriously. It's like living in the Twilight Zone some days.
1 comment:
Awwww...one day you'll be able to say to your kid "you were a little pickle once". hehehehe
-g
Post a Comment