Saturday, March 28, 2009

Please vote!

Today I posted a poll for which baby name you like the best, please help us by giving your feedback! This isn't the 'final' list persay...but rather some names we'd like to feel out. I think our problem is that we have too many favorites!! I put the settings to where you can vote for more than one name...so pick your favorite 2 or 3 (just not more than that or else it'll be hard to see which have the highest votes!) And if you have other suggestions, feel free to post them in a comment for us.




Moving on..




I figured today was a good day to update the blog...here's the view outside as I'm typing this....











Lovely, no?


And NOT good for accomplishing the home improvements we'd planned on working on this weekend. Such is life I suppose - and Kansas weather for that matter. If I'm lucky I'll get motivated enough to tackle the clutter in the baby's room. Right now we have everything from tools to clothes to extra furniture stored in there....and no room for baby. Too bad we don't have anywhere to PUT the clothes and tools and furniture... that would make the whole process a bit easier.


Speaking of the nursery...I'm still super excited about a great deal I got at Target! I was there with my mom adding to our baby registry one night when a sales clerk brought over some returned crib bedding. Now, prior to this, I'd had my heart set on a set I'd placed on the registry that was adorable, but incredibly expensive. While looking at the clearanced one, I realized that the colors were very similar...and that it was actually quite cute! Not only that, but each piece was marked down at least 50%. So...I bought it :) When I got home, I added up what it should have cost (about $140 for everything) and what it DID cost (about $55 for everything) and quickly got over that 'other' set I'd be adoring. Here's some photos...


Via Target's website:



To show the true colors:











But don't think the only thing I've been shopping for is bedding. The weekend after our ultrasound I found myself in Topeka looking for a few outfits...and ended up with practically a dresser full of stuff! It's funny too, I had just finished telling Eddie how I'm not really a fan of blue. I must have gotten over that pretty quickly...




Boy's clothes may not be as fun to shop for as girl's clothes...but they're still fun! A little too fun maybe. I can't seem to stop buying stuff :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, I voted first!! I am so excited for you guys :)

Regan said...

I love the bedding and what a great deal! And, yes, it is so hard to not buy clothes for your child. There are so many cute things out there for boys, too!!