Sunday, May 24, 2009

Shower Fun

First things first...

29 weeks and counting...(actually, 30 as of tomorrow). Amazing how quickly it goes by. Seems like just yesterday I was eagerly awaiting the start of the second trimester! Boy do I miss that second trimester...but I digress. We are very excited and honestly - a bit nervous - at how soon this little boy is going to be here!


Below are some photos from our baby shower last weekend (in random order due to my computer not cooperating today). Eddie and I had a blast - and came home with a giant pile of wonderful gifts!



We are so thankful to everyone that came, and everyone who sent their blessings/cards/gifts (they're still arriving!) Everyone was insanely generous in helping us get prepared for our baby. Thank you! We are blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

Eddie and I - looking exhausted by the end of the day!



Some of our guests! And beer..which was the only way we got half of them to come :)
Gifts, cake and more gifts...





































































Movie time!
Watching the (slightly cryptic, but generally entertaining) video of our 3D ultrasound...







So now all that's left is to get the nursery ready, which mainly involves cleaning the room and setting up all the furniture/baby supplies. Oh yeah, and then there's the bathroom renovations, which are still going forward despite the fact that we can't officially start until Eddie returns from training in 2 weeks. I'm more than a little nervous about the timely completion of that project, but I'm excited to finally be getting it underway. The last thing we needs is for the floor to cave in once the baby is here, so I suppose I'll sacrifice 3rd trimester peace for lasting peace of mind.
:)
Of course I say that now... while I still have a (semi)operating bathroom and laundry room!








No comments: