Friday, May 1, 2009

Sales and Scares

This last week has been interesting to say the least. I took on a new full-time job, it's call Craigslisting. I decided last weekend that it was time to sell some of our old furniture and junk that's been sitting around for years, and so last Sunday I spent all day listing them all on Craigslist! Lesson learned: never list 16 items at one time on Craigslist. Keeping up with the inquiries/sales/deliveries/pick-ups has been a task to say the least. BUT...we sold quite a bit of stuff, made enough money to pay for our 3D ultrasound (2 more weeks!), and cleared out a little niche in our over-crowded basement (that will be filled by more random crap I'm sure). This has been doing wonders for my nesting issues!! Only now I seem to have Craigslist fever. I find myself wanting to sell anything and everything that gets in my way. It's really not looking good for the cats.

In other news, I had some scary issues this week. Tuesday and Wednesday was spent suffering from pretty horrible abdominal pains...and dealing with the nurse at my OB office who seemed hell bent on making me suffer. I ended up taking Wednesday off work due to not being able to move around without severe pain, and was shocked when my OB doctor didn't even want to see me. Luckily, that evening it started to let up... and yet never fully went away. It continued through Thursday, though only sporadically. Then this morning I got scared when the baby decided he wasn't going to move whatsoever (very abnormal - he's quite the mover and shaker). I tried everything that was recommended - eating something sugary, drinking ice water and lying on my side - and got not one kick. After 3 hours of this, I called my office and thankfully they told me to come in. Long story short - baby is fine, they monitored his heart rate for a while as well as his activity (which was still pretty low in my opinion...we could hear him moving on the doppler, but I still couldn't feel him) and ...I think I might just be changing doctors. Don't hold me to that though - I'm a complete wimp when it comes to standing up for myself, so it may not happen. But this week has been very disappointing and makes me wonder if this is the person I want to deliver my child. Especially if she thinks debilitating abdominal pain is perfectly acceptable.

And don't worry - Pickle has made up for lost time...he's been kicking me for 5 hours straight. Go figure :)

Another thing I learned today...if you want to feel like a celebrity, just get pregnant and go to the dentists office. They obviously don't see enough pregnant women - I couldn't get them OFF me! Not just the hygienists either...even the dentist had to get in on the action and started peppering me with questions and advice, all while imploring my mouth with dental instruments. Don't they realize you can't answer them? Don't get me started on the lady at the billing counter...it took me 30 minutes to pay and get out of there!

They want me to come back in in 4 months and bring the baby. I think it's gone just a little too far...

3 comments:

Miriah said...

Hey lady, I am so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with the Dr. When I was pregnant with E, I had to call in on the weekend because of bleeding, and Dr. B was the on-call, she is very brusque and not very comforting, which in the middle of crisis doesn't help at all. We are thinking of you guys though. I hope that your little guy keeps up the activity to keep your mind at ease!

Miriah said...

Don't feel bad about your choice in OBGYN. You can't know, until you have experienced months of "patient care" what a particular Dr will be like. But don't feel trapped either, if you need to switch, go for it. I hear that Dr. R is great if you want to stick with a woman, and Dr. P is great--I can personally recommend him, although he is also very laize faire (SP?) about your choices if you are healthy.

Shay said...

I love your blog...you are such a first time mommy :) Aaah, brings me back...

Sorry you're going through that with your OB. I'll pray that it all works out.