Monday, April 27, 2009

A busy two weeks

So, I've been up to more than just complaining these last few weeks. Here's the easiest way to wrap up whats been going on in our lives...a string of random photos!









First up: Eddie and I took a short weekend trip to Kansas City on the 13th to see Bryan Jewett (a musician we both really enjoy).




I met up with a friend from the area I hadn't seen in a while, caught some great tunes, and got my belly rubbed. A LOT. A great time was had by all! Even Pickle was quite excited by all the music...and perhaps the nachos.














Hey, look what finally came -- Spring!!

















Our lone little bunch of Tulips actually got to bloom this year! Usually they just start to bloom and then get annihilated by some random frost/ice/snow storm!















One particularly nice day I decided I'd go driving around the back roads out near our house and take some photos - something I haven't done a lot of since becoming pregnant. I did learn my lesson though during one shot when I crouched down a little too fast and ended up falling over. Luckily only the cows saw that one. I guess one could say my balance is just a little bit skewed.









Here's my favorites from my little country cruise that day...
































A few other things Spring brought with it...


























Rides on the golf cart...





































Yard work and new plants....


















Wildlife....




(Wildlife specimen of the week: the Turkey Vulture...in all it's creepy wonder. They've decided they like the trees behind our house. )

























Household Projects...











(My mom and I painting the living room and the not-quite-complete-yet result)















AND.....

































David Cook concerts...?









Yep, that's right...my Mom and I spent this last weekend in KC, doing a little bonding...a little shopping, and a little concert-going! We even spent a few hours at the Union Station. It was right across the street from our hotel, and I couldn't resist the architecture.











I couldn't even resist this shot of the inside of the sky bridge that took us back to our hotel...









My feet were more than shot by the end of it all, but it was a great time...and a much-needed break for both of us!












Photos to come:



my attempt at cleaning out the baby's room. Which so far has resulted in a larger mess than what was originally there...






But since it's 10pm, we'll save that for another day :)


















1 comment:

Regan said...

I really like the color in the living room. I hope that you all can make some headway in your projects to set your mind at ease!

I picked a different color for our kitchen (nevermind that Ryan says "It's still green"). I'm finally starting to feel better and might begin tackling some of those painting projects.