It appears that some organizational demon has taken over my body. Not only do I want things tidy, neat and clean - I want it all done NOW. I'm not sure if this is hormones or that dreaded 'nesting' phase, but it's not making Eddie very happy at all. Because, as you see, most of the things I want done simply cannot be done right now. This caused a total meltdown on my part just a few nights ago...after truly consulting our calendar for the first time and realizing that the simple act of even STARTING our bathroom renovation cannot be accomplished until mid to late June at the earliest. That gives us just a little over a month to tear apart two bathrooms and a laundry room and put it all back together. I just don't know how that's going to happen without a miracle or some other form of divine intervention -- and that is not sitting well with me at all.
Rewind just 5 months ago...the day I found out I was pregnant. I broke the news to Eddie and then made one plea with him -- please, PLEASE!! Lets finally get the house done. The last thing I wanted was to bring a child into a home that is piece-meal and chaotic. I knew I'd need some semblance of order in my life, and this was a project that had been eluding us for years due to lack of time or money. (Not to mention the fact that we've had an ongoing leak behind the tub for at least 18 months that has ruined our subfloor and possibly even the floor joists.) Now was the time to do it, right?
Wrong. :(
It's amazing how all those other parts of life get in the way. Eddie took on these classes for the ANG to avoid a deployment that would keep him from us shortly after having the baby... only, instead of being the 6 week course he was told, it is in fact 12 weeks, coupled with about 10 days he has to spend in Topeka at the beginning of May and 2 weeks in Tennessee in early June. Add that to drill weekends, work, doctor appointments, our baby shower, and the never ending string of little projects that pop up on a consistant basis (car repairs, home repairs, yard repairs, pet crises)...and you can kind of see why I finally had my little meltdown. Life is just cooperating with my need to nest. If that's what you would call what I'm going through. I personally prefer to call it being frustrated with 5 years of looking at half-done projects. But maybe that's just my hormones talking.
Sorry, enough complaining...on to better news!
First of all - we have a baby shower coming up! It's being hosted by my brother and sister-in-law, and will be Saturday May 16th. It's a couples shower, so bring your mate..or a date... or just yourself! :) If you want/need information on this - just let me know!
The day before that shower is another event we're looking forward to - our 3D ultrasound!
Yes, we've decided to pay the stupid amount of money to have this done. We just can't resist another opportunity to peek in on the Pickle :) I'm very excited to see what he's been up to in there, and to see how much he's grown! And who knows, maybe we'll even get to see who's nose he has (mine).
Another popular topic: names!
Yes, we have decided on one, but no...we're not telling!
We are big teases :)
Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll, it actually was a huge help in narrowing down our choices! We're very happy with the name we chose, and can't wait to tell you all what that is when Pickle decides to arrive! So you'll just have to wait and see if YOUR favorite is what we chose.
As for the poll, I'll think of something new to put up there soon. Gotta have a something fun to vote on.
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and post this...but I'll be putting up another post shortly with some photos from the last couple of weeks since I've been lazy about updating as regularly as I planned!
1 comment:
Good for you for keeping the name to yourselves. I think we'll do that this time. We learned our lesson the hard way with Aric. People still call him Chase.
Post a Comment