Saturday, May 8, 2010

Barn of our dreams...

So, today we went and looked at a house. Not because we're actually LOOKING for a house (considering ours is in the throes of renovation itself), but this house had the potential to be THE house. Perfect location, perfect yard (5 acres), perfect charming backdrop...so on and so forth. Unfortunately, it was also the perfect renovation nightmare on the inside. The husband and I have already (mostly) decided that our next home will be one that does not require much work out of us. Basically, the cookie-cutter type of home I previously despised. Until I had children that is, and realized how wonderfully easy they are to maintain. No exposed wires! No need to renovate! This is my wet dream at the moment. So yes, we passed on the house. It was quite a ways out of our price range anyhow, but man did it have the perfect yard. So perfect I had to sneak away for a bit and take a few pictures.



This one was courtesy of the seller, who caught us mid photo-shoot and was sweet enough to get a few photos of us together. It is mother's day weekend, afterall!



My miniature big boy, who was covered in grass stains and dirt by the time we left. He's never had that much grass to play in!


Speaking of Mother's Day, I would like to wish all you Moms a very happy one! Including my own who has put up with me for 30 whole years now. Thanks for not feeding me to the bears, Mom! :)
I'm not entirely sure what Julian has up his sleeve for me tomorrow, but I'm hoping it involves some extra sleep and maybe a snuggle or two. I would say that his sweet smile is gift enough, but man...sleep sounds pretty great right now. Maybe by next Mother's Day he'll actually let me get a full night's worth of it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Cristen! Stopping by from MBC. Love your blog.

Have a nice day!