I can honestly say that the last 4 days have been a blur. Wednesday night Julian started in with some tummy troubles and by Thursday afternoon had dirtied so many diapers with runny poo that I honestly lost count. The last straw before calling the Pediatrician came in the form of a stool that one can only describe as 'teal'. I had never seen poo that color before (and trust me, I've seen some poo in my day)...it was a bit frightening. After waiting an hour (literally) in the waiting room and pushing an already beyond cranky J way past his bedtime, we had a diagnosis - Rotavirus. The doctor recommended some ingredients to make a great butt-paste and told me he could only have bananas until the runny poo cleared up. Oh - and that could take 4 to 5 days. By this time, I literally had poo on every surface in the house, a trash can full of foul-ness, a husband who was out of town for the week, a looming garage sale and a broken dishwasher. It was starting to get to be a bit much.
So, now it's Sunday and we're still having runny poo. No more teal poo though, that was apparently a passing phenomenon. Thank God. Unfortunately, due to a persistant fever and just general not-feeling-very-wellness, Julian has completely regressed on his sleep training. Bedtime has been the battle of the century 2 nights in a row now, and he wakes to nurse HOURLY. I oblige, for the most part, knowing that he needs the fluid. Since he's not able to eat anything other than bananas (which he is really, really sick of), he's also bound to be hungrier. I sure miss the freedom and rest that I had for that week and a half, though. I'm hoping we can get back there again soon.
As for the garage sale, despite an early morning thunderstorm that forced us to borrow a neighbor's garage, we did decently well. I got rid of a good chunk of the clothing collection that I can no longer (ever again) fit into. I was pretty pleased with how much of it sold. We still have some furniture and odds and ends that will either get donated or put on craigslist, and we have a lovely pile of free stuff at the curb (if you're interested!)...but we made enough money to deem (most of) the stress worth it. We even scored some baby clothes and toys off a neighbor for super cheap. Win-win situation!
Once I'm not so mind-numbingly exhausted, I'll post some more pictures of our growing boy. He's starting to test out the whole standing independently thing, which is pretty exciting. He's also finally forming an interest in finger foods and is now eating more crap off the floor than ever - a source of major anxiety for me. His new favorite past-time is to take rides in the golf cart with Daddy and I. It's been one of the few things we can do with him when he's just beyond himself with crankiness. I usually wear him when we're on the cart (for safety), and he now gets excited when he sees me putting it on and points to the door. We make a point to take him out on the cart at least once a day. He loves to point at things and have me name them. He's so full of curiosity these days! Maybe it'll lead to a few new words. Right now we're pretty stuck on "Mama, Dada, Bubba, NuhNuh, and Gaga." He seems to use the Mama and Dada appropriately enough - ie: when Mama is putting him to bed, he screams "DADADADA" and vice versa. Not entirely sure what "NuhNuh" is and "Gaga" is his newest one, which cracks me up in all it's baby cliche-ness. What a cutie.
No comments:
Post a Comment