Friday, June 4, 2010

Where does the time go?

Tonight I sat here looking at old pictures and videos of a much younger, impossibly baby-ish, nearly unrecognizable Julian. When did this happen? When did I trade in the baby for a little boy? I have such mixed emotions about this. I know he will never be that tiny infant again, and yet I can't make myself believe that this is a bad thing as I sit and watch him in all his independent (ish) 10 1/2 month glory. Amazing that we have come this far in such a small amount of time. Seems like we're living life in fast forward. Are we really already here?

He's becoming such a fascinating little soul...full of new surprises every day. It's become so amazingly hard to associate him with that squirmy, tiny little infant that was handed to me the night he was born. I feel the need to capture and/or mentally record every single moment of every day and it's frustratingly impossible.

I'll get over this. I just never saw it coming I guess. I just wish life had a pause button some days.

No comments: