Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First Snow

Aside from a few snowflakes hitting the windshield here and there, we've lacked an actual REAL first snow - until this past weekend that is. It didn't stick (didn't even last a few hours, really) but it was so pretty coming down! I took a few minutes to step outside and snap some pictures. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for Winter in general, I have been looking forward to the snow and all the photographic possibilities it brings. I can't wait to get my little dude out there playing in it! (something that unfortunately didn't happen this time around.)



Taken using my 50mm lens turned backwards (reverse lens macro.) It's something I've been tyring more of lately!




Just in case I don't make another post before Saturday (lack of laptop pretty much equals lack of blog material..) I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas/Holiday/Winter Solstice :)  I'm very much looking forward to seeing Julian's reaction this year...and with a brand new lens (courtesy of my wonderful husband who was so kind as to let me open the package early!! xoxoxo) I will hopefully get some nice shots of him enjoying the celebrations!  Watch out world - it has AUTOFOCUS!

1 comment:

diary of a single mommy said...

Yay for autofocus! I wish I could afford a nifty 50, those pics are awesome!

Merry Christmas.