I read this today and it says 10239458 things that hit so close to home for me. I felt OBLIGATED to share it, knowing that maybe a few of you would feel the same way.
Honestly, one of my biggest pet peeves since becoming a mother is...well...other mothers. I know that sounds terrible, but I'm being honest (and I will add for honesty-sake, that other mothers have also SAVED me on numerous occasions as well.) Motherhood didn't come easy to me in the beginning, and I struggled. I STILL struggle...and yet there is always that mother out there that when you open up and admit these struggles, you get looked at like you have three heads for not appreciating every. single. moment. Not every moment is a blessing...and things aren't perfect around here, and yet...like the author states at the end of her article, there is always at least one redeeming moment per day when it's all just worth it. Not perfect, not easy...but definitely worth it.
Read on!
http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/04/2011-lesson-2-dont-carpe-diem/
3 comments:
Thank you! I needed to read this! I love my children and I love being their mother, but it is hard and exhausting, and not always beautiful or rewarding minute to minute. But, kairos....I like that! so, thank you for linking it, I really, really needed it today.
I"m glad someone else found it as enlightening as I did! It definitely hit close to home for me!
I love your honesty and I completely agree. I love my daughter more than life itself, but sometimes I would just kill to sleep in and be lazy once. And it seems people are even more judgemental of us adoptive moms. I actually had a family member say something along the lines of "After all you have now, how dare you complain?" in an incredibly accusatory tone. We moms should stick together instead of making other mom's feel alienated.
Post a Comment