Sunday, January 22, 2012

Project Julian weeks 2 and 3

Week 2:

This was the week our weather went from beautiful and 55 to cold, bleak and frosty.  I chose 2 images because I felt they really told a story together. They were taken just 24 hours apart...the first one was an awesome morning spent outside playing, running, chasing, rolling and frolicking...the second was Julian waking up from his nap to a dusting of snow falling from the sky. He was kind of in awe...but also disappointed as I tried to explain that there wasn't enough snow to make snowballs or a frosty. (We still haven't gotten another decent snow...it's sad for my little boy who has been asking at least a couple times a week for snow!)




Week 3 (just this past week) was a challenging week for Julian and I. The weather has been bitter cold which means very few opportunities to get out and about. He's been a little more restless and getting into pretty much everything you can imagine. After 3 to 4 days of the following, I did finally have to resort to hiding his beloved step stool that was giving him access to all the things he wasn't supposed to be having access to.

Just an hour before I snapped these pictures, I had actually intentionally brought out my camera thinking that I should probably get a picture of Julian to use for his project 52...only he was having none of it. 20 very frustrating minute later, I put the camera away and took a brief bathroom break....these are the times when I swear Julian jumps to attention and tries his best to demolish the house. Picture 1 is what I walked out to upon exiting the bathroom.  After snapping a few pictures, I went to retrieve the vacuum and got down to the task of cleanup...only to turn around and see photo number 2 in process. Luckily it was all cleanable and washable....if not a little exasperating. I knew I'd want to remember it later, nonetheless :)



So now we're caught up with life with Julian :)  Unfortunately the January BLAHS have hit me. I did really well with Winter up until this last week. I get so tired of everything being so dead, cold and unlivable. I've already begun preparing for Spring in my mind and I'm anxiously awaiting it. I think the only thing I would like from Winter right now is another hefty snow so that my little boy can play in it. I'm just so surprised how dry our Winter has been!

No comments: