Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Valentine, a quote and a catch-up

If you're friends with me on Facebook, skip this post. You've already seen this all!

Firstly....happy Valentine's Day a little late!  Julian has a question for you..
Not surprisingly, he got a few yes's! While doing a shoot for a friend a few weeks back, I snuck my little man onto the backdrop hoping for a couple of good shots. After just under 8 minutes, one sucker and several versions of "itsy bitsy spider,' I was happy with the 3 or 4 keepers I got. Isn't he handsome? The hair was a total fro 30 minutes later, but he had a good time using Daddy's hair goo that morning :)

Our Valentine's Day was pretty low-key. I woke up to some candy, flowers and a GIANT box of donuts (can you tell that was my favorite?!)  and spent the day having slushball fights with Julian in the melting snow...followed by a relaxing dinner and 2 episodes of Glee on Netflix with Eddie after Julian finally brought his sugar levels down enough to conk out. Julian got a few little gifts as well, including a book called "Snugglepuppy," some stickers and a plastic slinky which I think is USELESS (and yes, I'm the one that bought it) but that almost deserves another post...


Moving on...my 52 weeks of Julian is coming along. I haven't been the best about posting my weekly images, but I still take them and choose them every week. Here's the last few I posted.

Week 4 - digging for donuts. The great American past time
Week 5 - Dirty boy, clean boy!

Week 6 - too cold to go outside

And now, the best part of this post.... I don't always (hardly ever) take time to write down some of the hilarious, witty or downright crazy things that come out of my toddler's mouth, but this one was worth remembering. To give a bit of the backstory - Julian and I talk about things like where food goes after you eat it, so we've had many conversations about how food goes into your mouth and to your tummy and fills it up. Later came more elaborations to include that it then comes out of your butt (I want to say this was Daddy's fault, but I honestly can't remember). Julian thinks everything between his belly button and his knees is his 'butt' and since that works pretty well for now, we let him think that.  To add to this, just a few nights ago, Mommy got sentimental and showed Julian some of the video of him from the night he was born. 24 hours later this little conversation happened.

Julian:   Look mommy, I drinking water. It go to my belly then it go to my butt.
Me:      really? then what?
Julian: then it shoot out of my butt and the doctor catch me and spank me and I cry!

I laughed and LAUGHED and then I ran to facebook and posted it so that I wouldn't forget exactly what he said. It's funny how they remember things days later. Even when they didn't seem to pay attention in the first place!!

 KIDS.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

The Valentines day picture is TOO cute.