Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Daydream Believer...

Oh Davy Jones...
He was my first celebrity boy-band crush. I can't remember if it was MTV or Nick-at-Nite that used to play the Monkees reruns nearly nonstop in the late 80's and early 90's, but I watched it. A lot. I thought Davy was just about the cutest thing ever and remember clearly thinking that we would meet and marry one day. I continued on with this dream until the day that my mother burst my bubble by informing me that Davy Jones was no longer 18, but more like 40 (at the time) and this was semi-devastating. To me, 40-something was ANCIENT...and I just couldn't imagine Davy Jones as ancient. Yes...my naive little mind thought all those Monkees reruns were current (it didn't help that I also watched hours of the Brady Bunch every day after school...apparently I thought the 70's were still going strong). It was a hard lesson to learn, but an important one nonetheless.

Davy, you will be missed. You made me a Daydream Believer for sure.

No comments: