Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Julian can...

....sing the alphabet song start to finish
....recite parts of books from memory (including books we've only read a few times, amazingly.)
....finally reach the switch to his bedroom light and turn it off and on without a step stool
....floss his teeth (maybe not in a particularly accurate way.)
....count to 13 no problem, and occasionally to 20
....fashion every day toys into step stools MacGyver style in order to reach things he shouldn't
....sleep through the night (he has been for a while now, but it took long enough!)
....hang with the big kids at the park (even if they think he's mildly annoying at times.)
....construct forts out of pillows and pretend to be pretty much anything he can think of
....talk all day long about potty and peepee and poopoo and flushing and big boy underwear and then absolutely refulse to have anything at all to do with it when you actually want him to sit on the darn thing.
....throw and catch a ball accurately
....draw circles (we probably need to draw more)
....recite the full plot of a Dora episode...ad nauseum...

(PS - this is not a brag post, but rather a reminder to write about my boy and what he's up to these days. Due to the fact that we've somehow also lost our video recorder, I also lack videos of all the hilarious things that he says and does...something that needs to be rectified soon as I don't believe we have any recent videos of him.)

Recent funnyism that comes to mind (there are so many and I'm so bad about remembering them!) 
Julian: (squeezing and yanking on my head) "I'm going to POP your head off!"
Me: Please don't. How will I talk if you pop my head off?
Julian: (thinking...) You'll talk out your NECK!

He is a blessing and a pain and a joy just like all 2-year-old-almost-3-year-olds. I love him, and wow...I'm exhausted.


No comments: