Let me just start by saying that this last week has been a challenging one. With it came baby acne, baby gas, and baby keeping mommy up all night. Seems like things are just finally gaining momentum...and all those things you hear warnings about are finally kicking into gear. Gone is our dreamy, sleepy little infant, and in his place is a healthy, chunky little boy who has no qualms about voicing his opinions. I would still like to say though that Julian is a very, very good baby...gas and all. He's finally awake a couple of times a day, and will spend a whole hour just looking quietly at the world around him. Those are the moments that make the rest of the frustrations melt away :) Well, those and the sweet smiles he graces us with in his sleep. I was just telling my mom tonight that I think God gave newborns the ability to smile in their sleep so that their parents wouldn't abandon them or feed them to wild boars and stuff.
Case in point:
So here's to hoping that our gassy little boy continues to grow and prosper in the coming week. Pray for lots of farts! Farts are good. 

(Oh, and as for the bathroom renovation? Don't ask.)
(Oh, and as for the bathroom renovation? Don't ask.)
1 comment:
I concur with the adorableness being a God-given protection against sleep-deprived infanticide. There is something so miraculous about the first weeks--and they go by so very, very quickly! I can't believe Julian is almost a month old, and that I am still pregnant...You are doing such a great job, just remember that being a mama is a full-time occupation!
Post a Comment