Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Boo Hoo

Today was Julian's 2 month appointment which involved (much to my chagrin) a series of vaccination shots. I've been dreading this day since his one month appointment when they (so cruelly) gave him his shot while he was staring right at Mommy. I swore I would never let that happen again and yet today, there I found myself...staring into a pair of sweet little blue eyes (hi Mommy!) as they pumped his leg full of vaccinations :( I know, I know...it's worth it down the road, but I can't help but feel like I owe the kid a pony or something. Poor guy. At least we don't have to do this for another 2 months. As of right now he's currently snuggling with Daddy, in a shot-induced coma of sorts. Every time he wakes up and sees me, he shrieks. Yep, mommy feels like a jerk.

Here's his 2 month stats:
Weight- 13lbs 2.5oz (75th percentile)
Height - 24 inches (85 percentile)
Head Circumference - I forgot (but it looks normal)

The doctor was also rather impressed by his strength and told me I was 'in for it' when she noticed him trying to crawl while on his belly. I guess I should be worried? Either way, all looked well and normal...he even 'talked' and smiled at the doctor and nurse...right up until she stabbed him in the leg.

I wonder if they sell ponies on Craigslist.

No comments: