Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sometimes...

Sometimes...

...I wonder why everyone seems to have it together but me.
...I think I'm doing it all wrong.
...A long hot shower is as coveted as a Carribbean vacation.
...I fear going anywhere because it's just easier to stay home.
...I wish I could be a stay at home Mommy.
(sometimes...I don't)
...I wonder if I'll ever sleep uninterrupted again.
...I miss my old self.

And yet, Sometimes...

...I look at my baby boy and realize, "Holy crap. I made that"
...I get excited just thinking about what all the future will bring.
...I can't stand to be as far away from him as the other room.
...I get all vaklempt when he smiles at me.
...There's nothing better than a day at home with my two boys.
...I think I just might get the hang of this. Someday.
...I realize I'm a better person since he came along.

1 comment:

Miriah said...

Just wanted you to know what a lifesaver you were on Monday. There really aren't enough ways I can thank you. And I am so impressed with what a wonderful mama you are. You are doing amazing things every single day--don't ever feel like you aren't!

PS I may copy this post idea--it really made me think, and made me smile, and tear up! Darn hormones.