Ok, so my son is quickly approaching 9 months old and OMGILOVEITSOMUCH!! Ok. That's a lie. I'll be honest...this phase is a doozy. What is there to love about watching your child smash his face/head/arm/nose into every sharp corner/fireplace mantel/table edge/cabinet door? Or sit back in horror as they hoover every little speck off your rug or pinch their fingers in every drawer they can find? Not to mention the fact that every seemingly innocent table/chair/cardboard box in your home suddenly has fatal potential. I swear, if you set my child down in a room, he will immediately find the most dangerous thing and head straight for it. I literally think I might just go insane! Add to the fact that we are now in tantrum country (really? already?), so every time you pull him away from certain death, you get kicked and screamed at for it. That's gratitude!
Don't get me wrong, I love my little neck biter (yes, twice today) but I have determined that he is the most stubborn, headstrong little being that I have ever encountered, and I've encountered a few. He is currently smack-dab in the middle of that phase where you absolutely cannot leave his sight without him having a total meltdown, which leads to me doing things like letting him play on the kitchen floor as I do dishes, which leads to fingers getting smashed in drawers (baby proofing those soon), which leads to more crying, which leads to Mommy wishing she had more alcohol in the fridge.
So, to recap...here are the things Julian is doing now!
--sitting independently (started just a few days after crawling)
--standing holding onto furniture and some occasional short cruises (also started just days after crawling)
--saying Mama, Dada, BuhBuh, GuhGuh and a host of guttural, caveman-like grunts, none of which he associates with anything or anyone.
--eating some finger foods (pancakes and pizza crust made the short list) and is thankfully back to eating baby food as well! (went a whole month of refusing it altogether thanks to this whole teething loveliness.)
--eating paper towels grabbed from the trash can and small purple flowers from the yard (ok, so that was just today)
--pointing with his left pointer finger at things he sees or wants (this is his newest accomplishment and I love it! -To be found annoying at a later date I'm sure.)
--sleeping occasional 4 hour stretches overnight (and I mean VERY occasional...but I don't want them to stop, so I will mention them and give thanks to the sleep gods).
--continuing to grow teeth and hair (3 teeth in and another one coming I believe).
--Holding onto baby gates/crib slats(who are we kidding, he's never in that thing)/pack and play edges and jumping up and down while screaming (this takes quite a bit of coordination, I'm impressed!)
--Making every outfit and diaper change a living hell for Mommy. I've cleaned more poo off the floor in the last month than I really want to think about.
--Getting cuter, funner and more opinionated every day!
Pictures posts to follow at a later time. Haven't had much time to upload photos these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment