Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mommy's little helper




You just can't beat 'help' like this! I have another cute photo of him playing with a mop, but Picasa only will upload 4 photos with it's blog function and I'm too lazy to upload a fifth (you'll notice a lot of my entries have only 4 photos for this exact reason.) He's pretty much into everything that he's not supposed to be at this point. I took away all the mops that he was pulling out of the hall closet (this is where closet doors might come in handy) and gave him the broom and dustpan pictured instead. That seems to be keeping him happy for now. Mommy had a small heart attack every time she heard the tell-tale THWOMP of a mop falling on the floor. That was pretty much a concussion waiting to happen.

On a side note - we seem to be losing furniture to the basement at a rapid rate. Or perhaps the basement is gaining some furniture? Seems like so many things are now dangerous and impossible to baby-proof, OR just plain in the way. For example - Julian fell in LOVE with a floor lamp we have. Up until this weekend I have literally arranged furniture around this stupid floor lamp so that he could not get to it. But in all honesty, he still got to it. And attempted to climb it/lick it/swing it around in the air a few too many times. Life is just so much simpler without that lamp around! Down to the basement it went. Cords are a whole other story. You can get rid most stuff (who needs electronics anyhow?) or keep them stowed away until usage, but some things (like the DirecTV cable and wireless internet cable - wait, isn't that an oxymoron?) require staying plugged in 24/7. And just happen to be attached to really fun looking plastic boxes with blinking lights. Of course, most people do have floor trim that could at least hide one of the afore-mentioned items, but I digress. Our coffee table/ottoman is now blocking off an entire corner of the living room in order to keep those items from little hands and mouths. Which I'm pretty sure is not the feng shui way to go about it, but you do what you've gotta do. OH, and I didn't even mention our fireplace solution, which up until tonight consisted of me throwing a rug and some pillows over it. But no more of that! We now have a fabulous CARDBOARD gate that is guaranteed to last like what...five minutes? We'll see! Our smart little future engineer figured out how to open the door to the wood burning stove, which is pretty much impressive as it took me at least 2 years to figure out myself. So, short of duct taping it shut...this is our solution for the time being. Out of sight, out of mind....we hope.
I swear, every day is another babyproofing challenge. There's always some new problem that requires a solution. The sad and scary part is that most of these solutions are my idea, and most of these ideas occur at 4am. I have a feeling more duct tape will be used before the weekend is over.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: