Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Big Boy




We've had an explosion of sorts around here lately. Not only has Julian been walking EVERYWHERE, but he's talking too! Or at least trying very, very hard. Suddenly he likes to mimick what we say, or sounds that he hears. He has mastered the word "ball" as I believe I already mentioned, and now says (to some extent) "balloon", "uh oh", "wow", "whoa", "banana", "baby, "moon" and can "Baa" like a sheep. He seems to really like those "b" words! He also makes wonderful car noises as he pushes his toys around - something that I'm sure must come along with the Y chromosome. He's even started eating some big boy foods (FINALLY!) and downed a good portion of Mommy and Grandma's spinach and artichoke dip at Chili's last weekend (the kid has good taste). He's also becoming a fan of ranch dressing, which leads me to believe that those pregnancy cravings they talked about really do mean something. For the first 2 trimesters I had to have ranch dressing on everything and spinach and artichoke dip was requested at least a couple of times a month. If he starts asking for enchiladas, then we'll have our proof.

With all this activity and learning and running around all day, you'd think he'd be sleeping better than he has been, but no...no luck there. His molars are thisclose to being in, though...and I'm hoping we can start to help him get back on track at that point. It's been a very bumpy road for the last 2 months, and life would possibly be just perfect with a full night's rest for all of us.

So there's my update! My little boy is growing up, and it's been SO much fun these last couple of weeks. Perhaps toddlerhood is not so terrible afterall.

As for camera talk - I've thrown my camera into manual mode and haven't looked back. It's been a journey for sure, but I enjoy the challenge and I love discovering what I can do! I've become obsessed with my own manual focus 50mm lens and find that I rarely take it off my camera. I'm slowly learning to get a moving target (baby) in focus at least 50% of the time (the above two photos are a couple of the 'good' ones.) The lens takes beautiful pictures when you get it right! Eddie and my Mom are a little tired of being my constant practice subjects, but I'm just determined at this point to learn the art of portraits so that I can stop taking J to the dreaded Sears portrait studio (who really aren't TERRIBLE, but just pricey and unoriginal.) I hope to continue to get better. More pictures to come, I'm sure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: