Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Extravaganza

Finally getting around to blogging some of these photos!! This year we took Julian to two pumpkin patches. I just couldn't resist - when someone loves pumpkins THAT much, they deserve to play with them! First Eddie and I took him to the same patch we went to last year, which we love. He got to see lots of goats (to which he replied "BAA!") Got to crawl around in the pumpkins, look at horses, get pecked by a chicken (drew blood too, mean old chicken), and watch Daddy slingshot hedgeballs (I think he liked this part the best...minus the pumpkins.) We then went on a very, VERY dusty hayride into the pastures where he got to see some cows ("Baaa!") and got to watch Mommy try to pick dust out of her contact lenses for 30 minutes.

The second trip to the pumpkin patch was with Mommy and Grandma, and boy was it WARM. Grandma wore a sweater and we all sweated our rear ends off. Julian enjoyed this pumpkin patch as well. He got to see more goats and chickens (I'm over-simplifying here...as there were lots of different animals to see and touch, including a pig in much need of some Pepto Bismol...) and of course pumpkins. He even got to take a much shorter, less dusty hayride into the actual pumpkin patch to pick out his very own pumpkin. I think his favorite part was just being in the tent with all the pumpkins that were for sale. He was literally a kid in a candy store. I'm not quite sure how he'll handle the oncoming of winter and the sudden lack of bright orange balls in his little world.

Here are some pictures...possibly in random order as I'm trying to do this quickly and efficiently. Just a few of the highlights of his pumpkin patch trips!





























Patch #2...


Riding back with his prize pumpkin Grandma helped him pick out...


Picking said pumpkin (yes, these are out of order)


And THIS guy is definitely going to be someone's Thanksgiving dinner...
I have tons more, but I think that will do :)
Soon to come, total cuteness overload....ie: Julian in a costume that ISN'T Elvis.

No comments: