It's been a lot of fun celebrating Julian's 2nd Halloween. Between pumpkin patches and any and all excuses to get him in his costume, we've squeezed about as much fun out of the holiday as we could! The only thing left is to carve the pumpkins, which could be fun, or could get really tragic as they've become practically a staple around this house these last few weeks. I figure we'll carve one and save the other until we just can't anymore, and then send it to the pumpkin graveyard like it's predecessors (ie: down the hill behind our property.)
This year I made sure to choose the cutest costume I could possibly force upon my child - and so he is a puppy. It's rather fitting, actually. He's totally obsessed with canines, despite the fact that he's grown up with three cats. A dog sighting is always pure excitement for him. The day his costume came in the mail I immediately put him in it and stuck him in front of the mirror. He pointed to himself in the mirror and said "DOG!" with the biggest grin on his face. He then proceeded to point at it in the closest, exclaiming "DOG!" for the next several weeks and still manages to get excited over it even after wearing it several times. I think we might just have to keep putting it on him occasionally until it doesn't fit any longer ;)
So yes, this year's costume is a success, unlike last year's costume which was fantastic in theory, but fell completely flat. Lesson learned - no more Elvis costumes. Case in point:
(look at my cute little pumpkin!)
Here are a few pictures from the Spooktacular event we attended last weekend.





He's still a cute little pumpkin :)
We also spent Friday night trick-or-treating at the mall, which I thought would be a great opportunity to let him down to walk around a bit. Boy was I wrong. Our child now completely lacks a speed other than full throttle when allowed to roam in wide open spaces. The minute his feet touch the ground - he's running. There is no hand holding, no listening to warnings...he's off, and you're lucky to catch him. Needless to say he gave Eddie a run for his money all the way from Victoria's Secret to The Buckle, only stopping once to admire his doggy reflection in a mirror. That's my kid for ya. Unfortunately it also meant spending the rest of the evening in the stroller. I'm seriously hoping a healthy fear of danger will occur to him at some point. As for the trick-or-treating itself, it was a bust. How all those kids wait patiently in a slow-as-molasses line that trailed around the mall was beyond me. Even I am way too ADD for that sort of experience. Nothing beats REAL trick-or-treating in my book anyhow, so I look forward to doing more of that next year with him. Maybe if we're lucky, he'll let me dress him like Yoda...
Have a safe and spooky holiday!
2 comments:
OMG that is the most ADORABLE puppy I ever saw!! LOOOOOVE THIS!
I love the puppy outfit! He is so stinken cute!!!
Post a Comment