So as you know, I am what is not-so-lovingly referred to as the 'momarazzi' around here. Very rarely do I NOT have my camera in hand for important events, and yet.....sometimes the best shots present themselves when I have nothing else handy other than my cell phone. To say that my cell phone camera sucks is an understatement - it's prehistoric even as far as cell phone quality goes. It's awful, so you KNOW it kills me when I have to capture a moment using it, but you know what? In the end I'm always happy that I captured it one way or another.
A couple of weeks ago I got to scrolling through my 'mobile uploads' album on facebook, and it dawned on me - I was viewing a miniature photo album of all these candid moments that I had nearly forgotten and would have forgotten if it weren't for that cell phone. Despite the super crappy quality, I still found myself 'ooohing and ahhing' and walking down memory lane...and so today, in honor of my sweet baby's 2nd birthday, I am going to share some of them with you. I cannot believe that 2 years have passed. I know every parent says that, but that's because it really does go by like a blink of an eye. What is that saying - the days are long but the years are short? Didn't someone just tell me that recently? Well, it's true.
My little boy and I might not agree or see eye to eye much these days....and we might be going through a patch where we are both trying to figure this toddler stuff out, but one thing remains unchanged from the night he was first placed into my arms - he brings me so much joy (aggravation too yes), but so much JOY on a daily basis and every day I am so thankful to be his mommy. And while it is bittersweet to watch him grow up, it is also amazing to watch. Gone are the days of my rolly-polly chubby baby...he has been replaced with an almost TOO slender, tall and handsome little boy who drives me crazy one minute and melts my heart the next. I know we're in for it from here on out, and I know there will be days I threaten more than a few times to ship him off to the circus, but I do love him like nothing I've ever loved before, and that will never change. Take note, future girlfriends/wives. I am going to be THAT mother-in-law. Oh yes.
Now here's a whole bunch of crappy photos. Enjoy :)
 |
| The morning after his arrival |
 |
| I love bathtime! |
 |
| Reading car magazines... |
 |
| First Halloween complete with totally absurd Elvis costume |
 |
| Just some light reading... |
 |
| Torture. |
 |
| Just before giving up the paci altogether (much to mommy's chagrin) |
 |
| first Thanksgiving - all smiles |
 |
| BFF's (still...most days..) |
 |
| Introduction into the world of 'solids' which aren't exactly solid at all |
 |
| Cruisin... |
 |
| Rolls! |
 |
| He would wake up 10 minutes later and start jumping like he never fell asleep |
 |
| Fridge raider. |
 |
| male bonding |
 |
| crawling... |
 |
| crying.... |
 |
| standing! |
 |
| outdoorsman. |
 |
| Pretty proud of himself over this one |
 |
| He still loves to do this. Not that we let him. Hmm. Nope. |
 |
| Does this need a caption? |
 |
| Sweet little toothies! |
 |
| Like mother like son... |
 |
| He still sleeps exactly like this...with the exact pillow. He's just takes up more of it. |
 |
| Still does a lot of this too... |
 |
| Be still my heart |
 |
| Oh yes he did. |
 |
| Pretty proud of himself over this one too. |
 |
| Just like Daddy! |
 |
| Halloween #2...the puppy top seems to be MIA. First sucker! |
 |
| NUM. |
 |
| Seemed like a good idea at the time... |
 |
| Out! |
 |
| Sick :( |
 |
| This ended up in the mall fountain about 45 seconds later. |
 |
| "Pretty flowers!" |
 |
| Bedtime stories |
 |
| Playing... |
 |
| Hellooooo BFF! (that would be the cat). |
 |
| My little southpaw drawing all his "Bob the Tomato's" |
I wish I had some really great final photo - but that's exactly where my album finishes....to be continued of course.
Happy Birthday, Bubba. Mommy and Daddy love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment