Eddie and I have been together for 11 years this September, and yet if you add up all the times he has been gone due to deployments, training or work-related trips, our time apart would come to a total of somewhere near 3.5 years. Kind of crazy when you add it up that way... and so you would think that I might be used to his absence when he does leave, but I'll be honest - it still sucks.
We're lucky to have a short stint this time around, and yet it has been the first REAL seperation we've had to endure since having Julian. Having a child involved changes the process on so many levels...on one hand, I have built-in entertainment day in and day out. Who has time to miss your spouse when you have a little person requiring your attention 24/7? On the other hand, it's hard to watch your son and his father be away from each other. Julian hasn't noticed too much being out of the ordinary just yet - Eddie is frequently gone for 2-3 days at a time, so I'm guessing sometime around next weekend it might dawn on him that he hasn't seen Daddy in a while. It's hard...and I don't know how to explain to my 2-year-old that Daddy isn't coming home at the end of the day to play with him. We are hoping for some Skype dates to lessen the brunt. I can only imagine Eddie will miss Julian just as much as Julian misses him. They haven't spent more than a week or two apart since he was born.
So here's to starting the countdown...again. Not so many days to count off this time, but every one of them is a challenge in and of itself. Say a little prayer for my patience...and my appliances, because everyone knows those are the first to die when your husband is out of town.
1 comment:
I hope you don't have too many days apart, I can't imagine how hard that must be for you, I literally sigh with relief when my husband gets home because I just need help! How have YOU been doing lately? I haven't been blogging to much but I've been keeping you in my prayers and will say another prayer for patience for you :)
Post a Comment