Monday, August 1, 2011

A brief update on me...

Ok, so in response to Katherine and anyone else that asked (blogger isn't letting me comment on my own blog - what is up with THAT, blogger? Jeez)...here is the rundown with my medical stuff:
I was referred to a different OB who DID take things seriously (thankfully) and decided to go ahead with two surgical diagnostic procedures (both pretty tame/safe and done same-day surgery at the local surgical center.) Those are scheduled for August 11th which is approaching crazily fast it seems. I had the option to do the procedures a few days after my appointment with the doctor (while Eddie was still here) and I chose not to. We had so much going on at the time with Julian's birthday and trying to get the house (and ourselves) ready for Eddie's departure, the very last thing I needed was surgery at that time. It does stink that it will happen while my husband is gone, but I'm not expecting a huge recovery time (lets hope I'm not being naive in that sense) and really do think that between friends and family, it will be fine. I am ready to know for sure what has been causing my pain and possibly get some relief to boot. I am unsure just how much they can do/fix at the time they are in there, but it is possible they may be able to do SOMETHING depending on what they find - so we will see.

I will continue to update...more likely complain....once the surgery happens. I am a self-proclaimed giant baby when it comes to surgical procedures, so I'm sure I'll be milking it for all it's worth ;)

Thank you to all that have been keeping me in their thoughts and/or listening to me vent over these last couple of weeks. I really do appreciate it!

1 comment:

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Thanks for the update! I'm glad the other doc took you more seriously. I'm off to read the lates posts to see how you're doing today. xoxo