Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm Okay

 As some of you know, Thursday I had surgery (ie: an exploratory laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - try saying those a few times fast after being given a hefty dose of Valium!) I'll admit, I got nervous in the days leading up to the procedure and questioned my sanity for choosing to do this while Eddie is gone, but in the end...I think it has all worked out for the best. The procedure went well - I have yet to talk to the doctor without being heavily sedated, but what I remember him telling me (and it's not much) is that they did find endometriosis, which not only has been the culprit for my pain, but has also pretty heavily damaged one of my fallopian tubes. The rest of the info I'm not entirely sure of, but apparently I also had some scar tissue (at least they assumed) making it very difficult to insert the scope into my uterus. I will hopefully learn more about this part later as they did send some tissue off for biopsy and the results should return this week. I have 8 lovely pictures of my internal organs (hey, wanna see my ovaries?) two small incisions, and gas/chest pain from hell from the CO2 they pumped into my abdomen, but all-in-all, not too shabby. After an extra day of help via my Mom, it's back to just Julian and I around here, and while I still don't feel 100%, we're making due. I've received oodles of toddler hugs and even a few "lub you momma"s over the last few days.  I'm glad last week is over, I'm glad to (sorta) have answers, and in a couple of weeks my doctor and I will come up with a game plan to manage the endometriosis and choose what direction to go from there. From what I'm understanding at this time - it is very possible I do not have Asherman's, but like I said - it's a bit of a blur!
So there's my little update - all is 'okay,' even if the deployment curse continues to strike our vehicles and electronics....but I guess that will just have to be saved for another post for another day because I'm WIPED.


1 comment:

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Glad the procedure went well and I hope you're getting some rest!